How and when can I tel if these are Male or female

Got these beauties from a bud of really good gelato. Started with 3 but one didn’t make it. These are about 4 weeks old. I will upload pics in 2 sections so that the plants are separated.

Plant 1is the bigger of the 2.

Plant 2

1 Like

Looks too early to tell. I’ve never been able to definitively sex mine until they are a couple of weeks into flowering.

You’ve got a nice healthy plant there.

Oh ok… I will top them one more time in about a week… let them grow out and then flip them and see what i get. They are in a completely different tent from my femanized babies. So no worries… just hoping so bad for girls lol!!! I wasn’t this excited when I was pregnant LMAO!!

2 Likes

No doubt growing your own is a lot of fun. I just started again last year myself. I grew plants from regular (bag) seed on my last grow. There were 4 of them and 2 were males and 2 ended up being hermies. If you’ve gotten regular seed from a breeder, then you shouldn’t have to worry about hermies. If you have used bag seed, then keep an eye out for hermies as they develop.

Good luck with them. They look great so far.

1 Like

What do they look like?

3 Likes

I didn’t save any pics of the male parts. The early male and female parts look pretty much the same with the exception of 2 hairs coming out of the fem. The pic below is of a fem. Early males look pretty much the same, but without the protruding hairs. As a male ages you will see clusters of similar pods, which are pollen sacs. Those pollen sacs are what will ruin your fem flowers if they burst and distribute the pollen in your grow area.

4 Likes

There was a post the other day with an excellent photo of a plant with a ton of nanners.

1 Like

@BuzzedChick.

Here’s a pic of a male early on.

5 Likes

Male. Early development looks similar to mature parts. Just smaller.
Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

And it’s also good for @Covertgrower!

2 Likes

Here’s a recent example of what you need to look for. @Mrniceguy put these up recently .

4 Likes