How about tomatoes?

If this post is not appropriate, please remove and my apologies.

I have 3 successful grows under my belt and Mrs. @SilentHippie asked me about growing her some tomatoes. I’ve read that tomato plants and cannabis plants require similar growing techniques. I’ve only grown cannabis to this point and I’m curious if I treat a tomato plant like a cannabis plant can I expect decent results? Anyone have any experience growing tomatoes in a tent?

I’ve looked around a little but can’t find an "I :heart: Growing Tomatoes " forum. Lol

6 Likes

There are heaps of sites on growing Tomatoes under LED, also make sure you grow heirloom variety tomatoes @SilentHippie as the taste is supreme.

2 Likes

T1 tomatoes I heard

@Hungrybud thanks for the reply. I’ll check around for a decent site. Any suggestions?

YouTube or a lot of the facebook hydropnic pages are about tomatoes and herbs

With the vast amount of misinformation on growing cannabis, I figured the same holds true for tomatoes. That’s why I thought I’d check with you folks. You’ve led me through the pains of learning to grow good weed and thought “these guys won’t steer me wrong”.

tomatoegrowing.co.uk look under led

2 Likes

I have my tomato plants in veg tent for winter they will go into soil last weekend of may and be producing fruit by mid June

2 Likes

@SilentHippie you can clone tomatoe plants too!
Yes, both can be treated pretty close to the same. Nutrient wise.

4 Likes

I don’t think growing tomatoes indoors all the way through harvest is cost effective but I have grown some once. Find verities that are good for patios or pots which fruit at a smaller size or do cherry tomatoes

6 Likes

You want determinate, bush varieties to grow indoors effectively.

3 Likes

I would agree with this

1 Like

I wanted to grow tomatoes because they taste do much better than store bought but tomatoes will grow on your deck or yard, start them early inside and you’ll do fine even in Canada we can grow tomatoes in the mountains… Plus you want the bees

3 Likes

Why not graft some weed onto that tomatoe plant before taking it outside

2 Likes

Homer crossed tobacco and tomatoes on the simpsons…and it worked!!!
TOOMAAACCO…LMAO
@anon46981397

2 Likes

I just started some tomatos. I have one cherry and two amish paste. Amish paste I plan on cloning for the summer grow. The cherry tomato should give me some tomatos pretty quick after I switch to the 12 12 light schedule. I will have to pollinate the flowers by hand.
I also have some lettuce, beet greens, kale and radishes. They take about 55 day to harvest. I figured if I do three trays a week apart I should get some nice greens while I’m waiting to switch to flower.

You don’t need to switch to 12/12 for tomatoes

1 Like

So you’re saying tomatos don’t need a change in light schedule to fruit? Interesting. I’ve never grown indoor tomatos before. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

I remember that Simpsons episode it was great

2 Likes

I start all of my warm weather veggies indoors and if I start them too early I end up pulling off tomatoes before transplanting outside on 18/6

5 Likes