Houston we have a problem

Hey everyone I could use some help diagnosing a problem:
WW photo at end of 4 week of switch to 12/12
Sunshine #4 HPS 400w HPS 20" from top of canopy
Advanced Nutes Sensi Bloom, voodoo juice, tarantula, pirhana, sensizym, bud candy
Water with RO water once a week feed once a week
Temp 75-77 RH 47-50%

what is your Ph on water runoff and where did this leaf come from?

@Aquaponic_Dumme @Paranorman @garrigan62

these guys should be able to help but more information is needed to be accurate

Hey @Oak
My runoff PH is 6.0-6.3
This came from under my SCROG
Here is Betty:

lower leaves showing discoloration during flower is not usually a big issue as it is natural. what has me concerned with this one is the burned leaf edges…was this the only leaf to show these symptoms?

My example is the worst but about 10% of the leaves have the start of tip “burning”

All your tips look like they are starting to burn and I didn’t see any cal-mag in your feeding regimen… Maybe back off a Lil on the nutrients and add a Lil cal-mag…

:v::sunglasses:

@Paulcrf,

I believe it to be " Fungus Gant’s " I added the pic above to show you what it looks like

1. ) Place yellow sticky cards in the grow area - fungus gnats love the color yellow and will fly towards it. These yellow sticky cards (found at most gardening stores) are covered with a glue that will trap adult fungus gnats, bringing down their numbers.

But the most important reason to use yellow sticky cards is to help you keep track of how bad the current fungus gnat infestation is. As the infestation is reduced, there will be less adults caught in the yellow sticky traps. That’s how you know that your approach is working.

Place yellow sticky traps in the cannabis grow roomLook at how many fungus gnats were caught in this sticky trap

Get Yellow Sticky Cards on Amazon

2.) Get a fan blowing air over the top of the growing medium. This helps dry out the top layer of your soil, and also helps prevent the fungus gnats from being able to fly around and lay more eggs.

Blow fan over the top of your growing medium to help combat fungus gnats
Get a Tabletop Fan on Amazon

2b.) (Optional, but recommended) Sprinkle food-grade diatomaceous earth over exposed parts of soil. This will help kill the fungus gnat larvae and will also help prevent infestations in the future. While not completely necessary, adding diatomaceous earthis a great step to take to help get rid of the fungus gnats and their larvae as fast as possible

Diatomaceous earth is an organic insect killer made of fossilized shells. It is sharp on the microscopic level and works by puncturing the exoskeleton of insects (draining them of their body fluids), but poses no harm to humans or pets and can even be eaten.

Sprinkle diatomaceous earth over the top of your growing medium to help control fungus gnats
Get Food-Grade Diatomaceous Earth On Amazon

3.) Don’t water your plants for a few days. You want to begin drying out the soil to kill as many larvae as you can before you apply a treatment (which will involve watering). Fungus gnat larvae need a warm, wet environment near the surface of your soil to grow. Even after you’ve gone through all these steps and believe fungus gnats are gone, make sure to avoid overwatering plants, as this is the most common reason growers get fungus gnats in the first place. Don’t do the next step until the top few inches of soil has dried out

4.) Kill the Larvae in The Soil

(Best Option) Bacillus thuringiensis bacteria - Use a pest treatment with bacillus thuringiensis bacteria (subspecies israelensis is best). After applying your bacillus thuringiensis treatment, water your plants liberally.

Will

1 Like

Thank you @garrigan62
So does the damage start at the tips?
I will follow cuz I have noticed a few flying bugs and this is my first go around with an inert medium like Sunshine #4

To be honest I’m not sure. But it Doe’s show up on outer edges. All I know is you need to deal with this asap. Keep us posted OK

Will

Could this be a calcium deficiency…
@garrigan62 @lacewood @Majiktoker

Where you asking about a new problem

Now this pic is Calcium

Totally different from what I told you.
I’ve told you what to do. Its up to you know Good luck and keep us in formed

Will

No same problem as in the leaf photo. I was searching thru the ILGM site and saw that deficiency looked close to my leaf photo. The stem of my leaf is close to purple so I am trying to get a handle on this.

Yep I see the difference. I am probably over thinking this but no gnats on the yellow sticky pads I put out

OK…I’m going to check something else.
I’ll be in touch real soon.

Will

Thanks. 2 new leaves today

PHOSPHORUS. P

Solution to fixing a Phosphorus deficiency
Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn’t be tolerated. Any chemical or organic fertilizers that have Phosphorus in them will fix a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have a phosphorus deficiency you should use any N-P-K ratio that is over 5.Again Peters all purpose 20-20-20 is a good mix. Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other forms of phosphorus supplements are: Bone meal, which is gradual absorption, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where bone/blood meal is slow acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Fruit eating bat guano, which is fast absorption, Worm castings, which is gradual absorption, Fish meal, which is medium absorption, Soft Rock Phosphate, which is medium absorption, Jamaican or Indonesian Guano, which is fast absorption. Crabshell, which is slow absorption. Tiger Bloom , which is fast absorption.

Here is a list of things to help fix a Phosphrus Deficiency.

Chemical

Advanced nutrients Bloom (0-5-4)
Vita Bloom (0-7-5)
BC Bloom (1.1-4.4-7)
GH Flora Bloom (0-5-4)
GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14)
GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7)
Dyna-Gro Bloom (3-12-6)
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)
Awsome Blossums

Organic

Dr. Hornby’s Iguana Juice Bloom (4-3-6)
Advanced Nutrients Mother Earth Bloom (.5-1.5-2)
Fox Farm Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
Pure Blend Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Buddswell (0-7-0)
Sea Island Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0)
Indonesian Bat Guano (0-13-0)
Rainbow Mix Bloom (1-9-2)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
BIO BLOOM (2-6-3.5)
AGE OLD BLOOM (5-10-5)
ALASKA MORBLOOM (0-10-10)
METANATURALS ORGANIC BLOOM (1-5-5)

Any of these will cure your phosphorus deficiency. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new growth will appear normal.

Now if you added to much chemical ferts and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Hope this does it for ya my friend

Will

2 Likes

It’s caused from nitrogen deficiency and or sulfur or potassium deficiency blow this chart up and read it

2 Likes

@Majiktoker,

Seems like were on the same page…lol
How you been…long time no hear.

Will

2 Likes

I’ve been good brother I’ve been busy at work with the shop, pulling a motor in a Honda accord I blew my car up something electrical, I’m guessing the ignition at this point, and i have a rear drum for a transmission project rolling in the rear drum controls reverse and overdrive. And I also have another rear band and drum to replace in another transmission all within this month works kickin my ass and trying to come here bro I’m wore out I haven’t slept in about 3 days lol.

How are you and how have you been brother it’s great to hear from you, I made a great breed been wanting to get ahold of you privately and talk to you more about it, if you could do that that’d be awesome

1 Like