Hot weather plants

What strains do well in hotter temps, 90+?

3 Likes

Welcome to the community , check the breeder’s guide For Different Climate strain info.
Good luck

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what to do about a summer grow.my current grow won’t finish until mid June, the only place I had room for a tent was in garage. I’m afraid it’s going to be too hot this summer. Thinking of only doing two grows a year. Start one first of Sept, the second grow first of Jan. I have a small ceramic heater with thermostat in my4x4. I can keep tent at 75-80 degrees. If I can get a lb or more from each grow, that will last me and a few friends all year. To grow during summer I would have to keep garage temp at 70-75. That would be expensive. Thanks for your input!

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan, If you can maintain Low eighties or less in garage I think you would be fine.

1 Like

I think the two grows doable. There’s talk of legalization here in TN. When they do I plan to build a south facing greenhouse on back of garage.

4 Likes

You can grow in the garage. Just keep the bottom of your door cracked for airflow. Im your neighbor to the south and fighting hot temps in the summer isnt fun. My grow rooms are in a metal shop so I feel your pain… even with it 67° outside, my veg room got up to 84 degrees even with exhaust, so a portable AC is in my near future

3 Likes

We have about the same climate as you in Western NC. I’ve been waiting on legalization here for years . Seems like they go one step forward and then 2 steps back.

2 Likes

Im in the Heart of Dixie where they’re still living in the 60s. Whats sad is that Mississippii is already leaps and bounds ahead of us as far as legalization in the cannabis world. Itll take all the “ole south” getting out of office before we can make any progression towards across the board legalization. The key to a successful covert medicinal grow here is out of site out of mind. RULE #1 in fight club is??? Exactly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At the bottom of the page of the seed shop you will find links to seeds for different climates.
Even a few for different states which are currently legal.
Cannabis is quite resilient and even some not listed may thrive in hot weather.

2 Likes

What you got against folks from Mississippi? Hell at least they can drive and smoke pot, it’s you Bama folks that are living in the 20s. Rolmoao!!!

2 Likes

@2GreenThumbs the only thing i have against Mississippi is the interstates… theyre slowly improving but still beat the hell outta ya lol

1 Like

Here in South Carolina summer is way to hard and costly indoors but outdoors is amazing.Humidity and rain is always a battle.I’ve done autos and my true loves photos.Mostly indica dominate strains.

2 Likes

I wish I still had a place to grow outside. If they ever legalize it here I will again. Until then I’ll grow in private. I grow both indica and sativa. Sativa is great daytime smoke when you have things to do.

Hope it happens soon for you. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hope it happens soon for all of us. Imagine being able to grow without worry.

1 Like

Will not happen here in Australia,not in my lifetime.
Will be ten years or more before they even think about having discussion.
Recommendations made to state government here to decriminalize and allow personal use but Police Force objected and our politicians listened to them and rejected recommendations which politicians said they would abide by .
Lawyers council, judges have called for changes but government refuse to listen,their ignorance is based on propaganda and hysteria form the 1930’s.
We even had magistrate here commit suicide because he was worn out by punishing low level offenders for crimes that really are of no business of police.
Police just recently uncovered “illegal” grow here and stated on television how dangerous cannabis is.
So tired of this :weary:

2 Likes

That really sucks. I feel for you. I still have to grow privately but there is hope, light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

What are the penalties there if you’re caught growing?

2 Likes
1 Like

I have been done before for two plants and was convicted of posses and cultivate dangerous drug.
Had to do 180 hours community service and probation :weary:

2 Likes