Hot power cord connector

So I had a moment last night to pull apart the connector and found this. Tonight when I get home I will restrip the wires and reconnect.

3 Likes

Just when you make the repair , try not to leave any more than an inch of wire beyond the casing.
That way the outer part of the connector will hold on the outer wire case not the inner wiring.

Stay safe. :+1:

:v:

@larry1, I would cut that connector out, and replace it. You can see where the barrel on the white wire has burnt the plastic housing that holds the barrels. The manufacturers coat the little steel barrel so that it is more conducive, and less corrosive. Once this coating is burnt away it is game over.
If I was in a pinch, and had to reuse it. I would cut the wires back and obtain clean ends, and clean the barrel with contact cleaner. Until I could obtain a replacement.
The manufacturers use this type of connector because it is waterproof. In case you are the type that would drop the cord in your reservoir. If there is no danger of your cord getting wet one of previous described splices with wire nuts or wago and tape will work.

Thank you everybody for the feedback. I just opened it up last night and saw the burnt wire and I haven’t had time to inspect it with a light and my glasses on :slight_smile: good eye on the barrel. I will definitely take that out of the mix and I will use my Wago clips and electrical tape like I did with my other light.

1 Like

Back in business. Thanks again for everybody’s feedback

2 Likes

Had to buy a refrigerator, 2005 (looked liked it died, each time it ws plugged in), only to find out it was the neutral comming to the house was eaten by the tree. New refrig was dropped at store. Replacement still works, but since arriving, frequesntly makes FART noise. Honeslty. drives us crazy,especially after Jason or Chuckie time.