Hot Dogs Grow Log

Hot Dogs Grow Log Day 1 July 2nd

G’day from Down Under.

Seeds arrived from ILGM very exciting, only took 12 days to get here👍Blue Dream & Gold Leaf.

Put one of each seed into water straight away, growing here’s still illegal so I thought 2 plants is enough.

Seeds are now in a dark cupboard at a round 20 degrees. So cool to get started.

11 Likes

HDGL Day 2

Got home from work , seeds had cracked and showing taproot. Yeewwwww, time to plant these girls.

Using a seedling mix for the first 3 weeks, both the Blue Dream & Gold Leaf :maple_leaf: are planted and inside grow room.
Also a few other plants I’d already started in there as well. They are just from baggy seeds don’t even know what type of strain. I’ll only end up keeping one of these girls.
Was pretty impressed with the vigour of both seeds and how quickly the cracked👌
Now time to wait…

8 Likes

Just got back from Bunnings the local Hardware store. Supplies for soil mix I’m making up and some nutrients. Also ph testers.
I felt a bit dodgy buying all this stuff at once like I was being watched :grimacing::seedling:
I’m going to make up my soil mix once the seeds are 3 weeks , then I’ll transplant them into it.

Ingredients,
Potting mix
Organic Compost
Perlite
Mushroom Mulch
Peat Moss
Cocco.

15 Likes

Looks like a man with a plan. Sending good vibes and happy growing!!:love_you_gesture::+1:

4 Likes

Happy growing! :seedling:

3 Likes

:joy::joy: I know the feeling when your lining up at Bunnings thinking do they know what I’m up too awesome mate gonna see some lovely ladies soon :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Every time! :laughing: I had a state police officer behind me in line one day when I was buying reflector lights and high wattage bulbs. I feel like he could hear my heart beating. lol

Also, best of luck on your grow and good luck keepinging your number of plants down. I was planning on 2 at a time because it’s illegal here too, but I have one flowering now (auto), 2 in veg (auto), and 3 seeds germing (2 autos, 3 photos) :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks for all the help Aussie hope these seeds pop up in the next few days.

2 Likes

Lol, yep tempting to grow more but I won’t . :wink:

2 Likes

*5 seeds germing. I can’t type.

2 Likes

Happy growing bud keep me tag if u don’t mind

2 Likes

G’day from usa. I’ll be watching, best of luck! :v: :+1:

3 Likes

geez I wonder what hes growing Martha? I bet it s Mary Jane?

4 Likes

nice one man, goodluck !

What lights are you using?

haha gotta love bunnings, the lady at the checkout asked me a few weeks ago when i had a bunch of pots and electrical gear like powerboards and timers. I said chille plants but i really shouldve just said weed to see her face :laughing:

3 Likes

Lol gusantino, I said I was growing orchids bahaha. I’m using HLG 135w rspec bee y good so far

2 Likes

Good luck on your grow. I tell them I grow tomatoes. If they insist on asking more questions I turn into professor Peabody and start to ramble. I give them my set routine which I have perfected and watch for them glazing over. I throw in a few snippets about grandchildren then off to the veg plot for more shit info. Next time they serve me there’s zero questions about my basket. I wink at my other half as we leave the store. I’m convinced that the staff think I have dementia :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

@Hot_Dog_Rage I time my Bunnings ‘gardening’ outings to coincide with work visits. You get the green light if you’re in Hi-vis!
But I’m sure the wise old bird ( you know the one, every Bunnings has the mother duck) checking receipts is wondering… Is this bloke a plumber, chippy, sparky, landscaper or what? He’s always walking out with a weird assortment of gear

4 Likes

Nice plants mate, will be following along with this one.
Try some Great White beneficial bacteria and fungi and also some Cyco Zyme enzyme to break down dead organic material into nutes.

2 Likes

I like the Peabody routine good stuff Dav, they give you a wide berth now. :+1:

2 Likes

They’re terrified to mention anything at all, I just give them a benign smile and get on my way now :scream::rofl::rofl::rofl:
The wife knows what I’m up to as well and just shakes her head :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::joy::joy:

4 Likes