Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 550

No basement or attic. Open beam ceiling single story house with a bathroom, kitchen, hallway, and living room between the fuse box and grow room (Den)

Do you have a crawl space under the house. With all the other stuff you listed on that circuit I think you would have trouble with the fuse blowing all the time. Do you have a friend who knows about this stuff

Iā€™d have to go back and look, but I thought it said 230v 30 amp to start 3. That bring said, I feel thereā€™s a better chance of it working with the timers. In that scenario, 2 timers would work.

Iā€™d have to get down on some voltage drop calculations to see if running extension cord is viable option. How far is the receptacle from your breaker panel? And is it ran in 12 awg from the panel to receptacle? Iā€™m guessing as long as the wire Guage was big enough, it would work. But I donā€™t believe youā€™d run this light and all the other stuff. Probably just the light, and maybe a few small fans or something.

1 Like

@Rugar89 If you want to buy your drivers now there is a 10% off sale at arrow(DOT)com. There the cheapest there too, plus free shipping
Limited time so you might want to jump on this deal

1 Like

@ktreez420 that may be something worth checking out.

If youā€™re planning on going with the veroā€™s it may be better to hold off and take the discount from rapid though. There was a minimum order for free shipping right? But if you were thinking if doing something with quantam boards or strips, rapid doesnā€™t sell either. Arrow may have the strips too.

1 Like

Minimum order was just $20

At arrow? We were looking at rapid to source some a Vero build, I thought it was like $200 for free shipping from them.

1 Like

I just looked again and its only $20. The 10% offer ends Aug 25 11:59CT
better hurry
Yes arrow
My drivers where $11.20 cheaper at arrow then at Rapid before discount
@dbrn32

1 Like

I see. I wanted to make sure I didnā€™t have them confused.

Rapid price matches, and gives 10% off first order, and ships for free with minimum amount met. I think they usually give most a run for the money on standard pricing. But if arrow is running additional discounts thatā€™s probably the place to go.

1 Like

I was talking about rapid led, and you were talking about arrow. A little confused sorry, long day.

1 Like

I honestly canā€™t figure out arrow and how to navigate through the website. Itā€™s extremely confusing for a complete newbie like me! Could you help me understand it @dbrn32 and @MAXHeadRoom?

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Thatā€™s because their mobile optimization is anything but!

Do you have a pc, or maybe a tablet? @ktreez420

1 Like

Yea I have a laptop and iPad! Itā€™s still confusing lol, the terms they use are not for newbies who have no clue what theyā€™re doing!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

They are electronic supplier before diy grow light supplier for sure! @ktreez420
Try searching by manufacturer. Then when you get to item, open the tab underneath for more info.

Or, you can try copy/paste part number from a more user friendly site.

3 Likes

I use the search function, but that doesnā€™t always give you the right info.
If searching for drivers type in the search like this HGL-240H-C1050B

1 Like

Hello, I am new to this but really impressed with this thread. Would greatly appreciate input. I like the layout of the qb304 two per driver. If you were to do a build today would this still be it? I want to buy hlg 550 but this makes more sense. Grand master level spaced each light over 4x6 area and I want to do the same area per light. I figure this build will allow me to tailor the spacing on the q.b. to cover this area a little more evenly considering the extra output. Was thinking of either 6x16 area? Maybe 8Ɨ16? Any suggestions, I can run power lines and install breakers so putting in what is needed is expected is not limiting factor. Thanks.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Hello, Iā€™m new and just figured out how to message. If you can I had the question above for you. Thanks again.

1 Like

If I had decided on using qb 304ā€™s, I would definitely put two in series on hlg-240h-c1050. Thereā€™s lots of different ways to configure them, but I would think youā€™d be a lot more happy using 3 boards to cover the 6ā€™ span. That being said, perhaps a different board or driver configuration would be more conducive to use?

1 Like

Hi, sorry was stopped from posting? Limit? But had trouble registering other day and ended up with two accounts? This is still @curiousguy. That three board layout makes sense, I was thinking of putting 4 q.b. 304 per 4x6 area, i know the hlg uses 4 288s and they covered a 4x6 area on the gml show on youtube. What would you have in mind concerning the 3 board lay out and what if I do expand to 4x8 instead of 6x8. Basicly my new tent is 8x16, got a good deal so I want to make the best use of it.

@dbrn32 sorry I forgot to direct it the above question to you, im learningā€¦