Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 550

@Rugar89 thank you so much for considering my opinion!

The hlg is awesome light for the price, possibly the best for what you’re looking to do. That being said, a like it a lot better in a 4x4 than a 5x5. But it will absolutely smoke the light you’re currently using. See par chart… 260 ųmols at edge 4x4 you could probably expect about 150 ųmols at edge in 5x5. However those numbers were taken in open air. With reflective coating on tent, I’d probably expect it to be mid 200’s and in the mid 300’s back at the 4x4 mark at 24". And honestly, that’s probably good enough. Probably similar to directly underneath an amazon 300w model at 18" inches. It won’t be the rock solid huge buds you’ll get in the middle, but hardly fluff.

I’ll say the only way to beat it would be to get cob fixture with 16-20 cobs, and that’s gonna drive the price up considerably.

For what it’s worth, this is pretty much the same light max built for around $600. If you can get the components, we can help you. If you’re not into that I completely understand. Just an option to save $.

8 Likes