Hormones & Cannabis (NAA) (6-BA) (GA-3)

Which one, bud?

The concentrations for these range from 100-1000ppm or 100mg/L to 1000mg/L.

It depends on what your application is.

The gibberellic acid for seeds to seedling, 200ppm-ish?

I got 5 seeds, none sprouted…well, waiting on the last of five…tried two, nothing, tried another two…

then I saw a post above, figured this was interesting, giving it a shot if the sprouts benefited.
I could try and make small, even piles…I see a small amount makes liters.

1 Like

Real quality information. Especially from a cloning perspective. Cannot wait to see your results. I appreciate you going through all of this for the rest of us @Aquaponic_Dumme

1 Like

Short little video on 6-BA. He uses Potassium Hydroxide; a common “pH up” used in hydroponics.

2 Likes

@kabongster,

200 ppm’s sounds good for Gibberellic Acid, for most seeds. You might need to up the dose the older the seed is. I currently don’t have any seeds to test my GA-3, but soon…

Cytokinin, or Veg growth hormone test…

2 Likes

Technically, September 7th-14th
10% dose of 6-benzylaminopurine to 3 cannabis plants.
September 14th-21st:
100% dose of 6-benzylaminopurine to 3 cannabis plants.

Here’s a video update on the 24th, of how the dose of 1g 6-BA to .15ml Potassium Hydroxide, then mixed into 1000ml of distilled water, effected my leaves in 17 days.

While I have noticed a slight difference in growth, I’m not convinced Potassium Hydroxide is the best method to disolve the 6-BA, if applied foliar.

Leaves are drying up as if pH is a serious issue.

2 Likes

Cytokinin-
Foliar sprays in Veg.

I used this and I have an old bottle of it from 20 - 30 years ago, I honestly don’t have any recollection of it to share, but I’m sure I learned about it from high times or Ed Rosenthal back then …maybe Cervantes, they were the extent of my cannabis library

1 Like

September 7th-14th
10% dose of 6-benzylaminopurine to 3 cannabis plants.
September 14-21th:
September 21-28th:

Here’s a video update on the October 22nd, of how the dose of 1g 6-BA to .15ml Potassium Hydroxide, then mixed into 1000ml of distilled water, effected my leaves. They’ve have 3 treatments, over 28days, and 24 days recovery.

The roots look un-effected. As the video moves up, you’ll see the burnt leaves from the spray. I did occasionally pull the leaves, but most were left on to show the camera. The top growth shows great improvement.

Again, while I have noticed a slight difference in growth, I’m not convinced Potassium Hydroxide is the best method to disolve the 6-BA, if applied foliar. If I retest 6-BA in the future, I’ll be using a different method to disolve it.

pH is a serious issue with this method.

3 Likes

Next up (NAA)…

this is my gibberellicized Gold Leaf…

I soaked the seed in well water starting at 80 ppm with gibberellic acid added to 275 ppm…for 2 days till a root tip popped then it went in Pro Mix and has had Superthrive only.
the baby is one foot from a 400 watt MH bulb, 74F, 65 RH in a gallon pot, roots coming out the bottom yesterday.

from what I have read there is more internodal space normally.
I don’t plan on using the GA anymore on this plant, tho I have seen videos of continued foliar applications.

4 Likes

I’m intrigued in your thread man, I’ve been watching it from the start, can’t wait to see the end results, I’m learning something new from your thread, thanks for sharing bro

2 Likes

Gibberellic Acid is used to force hermie adult plants, as well. I recommend not feeding your plant any after the seedling.

@kabongster,

Have you noticed anything unusual about the seedling? It almost looks like single leaves on the 2 sets showing; possibly thicker stem.
Data, data, data :joy:
I too will be doing a Gold Leaf/Gibberellic Acid test, at different strengths. First I’ll be flowering out everything I have in a clean sweep.

1 Like

nothing looks normal except the basic leaf shape.
it has been performing more like a vine…each time I re-potted, an inch of stem got buried.
here’s the clearest photo of top down for leaf structure so far, the soil is dusted with DE

the seed went in water the 9th, root tip showed the 10th, in Pro Mix the 11th, above ground the 14th, water with Superthrive on the 19th, repotted to 5 gal the 22nd

1 Like

The hormones are all out of wack, keep posting, I’m very curious on how long she’ll take to normalize.

After the original dunk, you used the paper towel method? And how much longer did you give her GA-3?

1 Like

the seed went in GA water the 9th, root tip showed the 10th, in Pro Mix the 11th, above ground the 14th, misted/watered, watered with Superthrive on the 19th, repotted to 5 gal the 22nd

the seed sat in the solution for 2 days, I saw the seed crack in 24 hours, left it to develop more of a root tip another day, same solution.
then it went into Pro Mix, a dribble of GA, same solution…then no more GA

1 Like

It almost looks like a vine too, lol that’s so weird to me!
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

1 Like

how far away is the light?? Almost looks like it is in hyper stretch mode

about 12 inches from a 600 watt MH bulb, ballast set at 75%