Hopefully not another beginner mistake

After screwing up on my light choice and someone pointing out my girls wasn’t getting enough light I purchased a mars hydrogrow 600 wt but after opening it I seen that unlike what I thought I was ordering this one has no power switch and has to be either unplugged or put on a timer do you guys think it will work?

3 Likes

Woah, thats not a good price for that!

That doesnt mean 600 watts it means its equivelent to a 600 watt sodium or metal halide bulb. (The lighting choices availabke to growers way back b4 LED. ) and thats honestly up for debate. Send it back!

Half that price on the Mars Hydro website

1 Like

That needs to be returned. Look at the hlg lights, or something similar. I believe spider farmer is fairly well received as a budget type light.

2 Likes

Yea I seen after I ordered it it was cheaper elsewhere, should have done some research lol have already packed it up for return thanks guys and I will check out spider farmer

3 Likes

Green beam brother. $7 more for quality

3 Likes

Thanks brother, I will check it out

1 Like

Sorry to keep bugging everyone asking so many questions about stuff but I noticed this this morning, anything to worry about?

1 Like

Based on responses I have gotten for the same question is that seedling start out looking goofy but they fix themselves. Other than that she looks happy. I’ll get second and third fourth opinion. lol @Graysin @Fiz @Docnraq

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad for asking questions. If that was the case then the people I just mentioned would have thrown me out a long time ago haha. This forum is here for us newbs and even experienced growers are here to hone their craft and share their tips, tricks and experiences with people like us. They want us to be just as successful as they want to be with their own grows. Keep asking questions man. I bug everyone. Nobody will ever say anything to you about asking questions unless it’s an answer they’re providing. If they don’t know the answer they will tag someone who does. This is a family brother. Happy growing growmie :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

5 Likes

Looks like maybe over or under watering, if it continues or shows up on new growth then Id be worried seems isolated by the picture.

@Jonesy287 is right, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask. We all start in the same place. Knowing nothing.

2 Likes

I’ll second what @Docnraq said here, and second @Jonesy287 on the GB240 light. I’ve got two of them. Can’t beat it for the price.

3 Likes

Mine is doing the same and looking like a trailer baby. Haha

Thanks for all the pointers and advice guys, and I will definitely be keeping an eye out for any more of these problems. Thinking about it I may have overwatered a bit so I am letting it dry out some
Oh and thanks for the heads up on the light, you were right it’s a great deal and I have ordered one
I didn’t there was so much to learn about this lol but it just makes me more determined to get it right

2 Likes

The learning never ends. I’ve been at this for over a year already and I still have so much room to improve.

Green Beams is outstanding. I cannot complain a bit about their light - I also have the 240w and it’s phenomenal. It is not an HLG, but for a budget light, green beams takes the cake on quality and price.

As far as your plant, let her dry out a bit more between waterings - if you water once a day now, wait 2 days. When you do water, water in a wide ring around the plant, not at the base of it. I use a solo cup - flip it upside down and water the cup, it’ll run off the bottom of the cup and make a perfect ring around your lady instead of drowning her at the root base.

1 Like

There is often a misunderstanding about what is overwatering. Not that you have that just its common so I wish to clarify. Overwatering is when you water before the soil has dryed (not dryed out just not wet anymore sl8ghtly less then moist.) You coukd run 500 gallons of water through your soil, as long as you let it dry before you water again, you have NOT over watered. It is not a singular act but instead repetitive actions

Great idea about the cup I will try it out thanks

1 Like

Exactly what I did thought it was dry when it wasn’t

1 Like

The learning never ends. I’ve been honing the craft for years. Always learning something. Bought an hlg 350r led. Now I have to learn how to use it. Powerful little bastard.

Yes I am waiting on a new light a couple of the guys recommended can’t wait to get it

2 Likes