Hoop house ideas

Was going to put up a hoop house we get alot of fog and i am in flower i am going to run a fan or 2 will i need To run a. Dehumidifier any ideas @bob31

1 Like

Whats a hoop house?

2 Likes

images
Like a green house @bob31

3 Likes

how big of one are we talking about? @Wolfmankush

16 feet long 12 feet high 12 feet wide mybe biger or smaller the one in the pic is not min. @bob31

this is what i got going on they are biger now and in flower @bob31

2 Likes

I think all a fan is going to do is pull your humid air into the hoop house. Maybe dehumidifiers would do the trick, hopefully a greenhouse grower can help. It’d have to be a closed unit.

I know this … the one time I had mold issues was outdoors in an open hoop house.

I’ll be interested to see how you make out.

1 Like

Well, you have to have air movement in there or you will certainly have issues. Thats true of any indoor or greenhouse type of grow, unless it is open on both ends.

@Wolfmankush If you close it all down like a grow tent I think it would get too hot inside there in a hurry but yet it would need to be closed down to make a dehumidifier efficient enough to do any good.

@Countryboyjvd1971 is doing a greenhouse grow and is an expert in the fine art of HVAC. I’m sure he could opine!

2 Likes

@Wolfmankush
I have my green house two 9x10 butted up against each other in a similar style to make an 9x20
I had left my doors open on either end and the natural air flow was enough for me to prevent wpm
But the last week or so we’ve been dipping down to the low 50s so I closed my doors and keep the windows open I did stat running a fan at night to help keep few down to a minimum with no issues yet
Should I see mold I have a sulfur burner I will running green house for a few hours while closed up
It’s a tried and prove method to kill and prevent mold :+1:

2 Likes

Do i need run a dehumidifier or will fans be ok

1 Like

I just run fans outdoors
I’m not trying to dehumidify Ny state lol @Wolfmankush
Just joking bro
Airflow should be enough to prevent the mold it’s the lack of air flow in a moist environment that causes the mold to begin with

So like intake and exhaust fans

I have windows I leave open and I just run a circulation fan inside leaving windows open so fresh air can enter

1 Like

Not going to have windows

Something like this hoop-house-const-42

3 Likes

I understand buddy whatva hoop house is lol
@Wolfmankush are you leaving ends open or closed ? If open I would point a fan towards cieling and keep air moving if closing it up completely you may want to consider exhaust and intake fans size to cubic feet of hoop house ?

1 Like

Think going to have a door. Of some kind

1 Like

@latewood is the hoop house master he might chime in

Sounds to me like he already knows what he wants.

Wolfmankush,

If you run into any issues you cannot resolve or need help with system design, I am available for consultation. This is one of my farm related business’s. Consultations start at 10 bucks and you can subscribe for regular support if you find you need professional guidance putting it all together.

My consultation support is by appointment only. 10min, 30min, 60min.

Happy designing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the cover dose it need to be polyethylene film for green houses or can it be like this all all purposes plastic film
7f69f7fef6c404a48a52a52937430685

1 Like