Home stretch, should I lop the top?

Hey guys. You all have been the best here. Really helped me a ton and I’ve learned quite a bit for my next grow. With that said, I need another hand.

I’m in the middle of my 12th week since the seed popped through. I didn’t start with nutes until about 2-3 weeks ago. I’ve learned for the next time. The nutes (fox farm)help plump them up a bit and seemed to stop some of the yellowing. (I am not using a ph meter, but I’m ordering one for next time.) In some areas of the plant, it looks to be yellowing almost into the bud itself. Some buds aren’t like that. All the trichomes SEEM to be between clear and milky. My question is, should I cut any of the ones that are starting to yellow almost to the bud? Like the one on the top is massive, and I don’t want to lose it. What are your thoughts? Appreciate y’all!

4 Likes

If you just gave her nutes a few days ago you could just hold on a little bit more and see if she recovers a little. Obviously the damaged leaves are damaged for good but the nutes could give you a flush of fresh flowers and more weight at the end.
Ultimately the trichomes tell the tale and you can pull them whenever you feel there in the range you want for the buzz type. If I was seeing more clear than cloudy I’d definitely hold off, the THC and terps are mature enough. For me the more amber the better.

Overall a good looking lady - even if she did do a little eating on herself. At least she was eating the leaves to feed the flowers.
It’s their number 1 goal in life - flower.

Usually people stop nutes a couple weeks out and let them self-consume some.

4 Likes

Plant looks awesome great job. iMO she is so close to finish. I would leave her alone. But I’m a beginner. The OG’s gon chime in and give you great advice.

1 Like

Your about a week from finish I’d cut of any nutes and just give her water or molasses water to finish. Heck you could even harvest her now all those pistols look like foxtails

2 Likes

He’s not wrong :point_up_2:

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I cut the nutes off this week, so looks like I’m just about there. I will cut this weekend or maybe before thanksgiving. Sounds like I was pretty close.

Regarding the yellowing of the leaves. In your experiences, is that more of a pH issue? Too much water? Too little? Or is it more complicated than that? I’m just trying to be better prepared for the next crop. As I said, I will be getting a pH meter as well, so hopefully that will tell some of the story. Regardless, it’s been fun and I’m hooked. Ready to get better!

1 Like

Leaves die during flower nothing you can do about that but you may have started the nutes a Lil late , lack of nitrogen causes yellowing, flower time needs less but still needs it( at about half the ratio of phosphorus you give them )

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you very much. I will research what to do about the lack of nitrogen. And you’re right, I did start them late. Definitely will start them earlier next time. You think the plant looks ok though? I thought it looked a bit disheveled hahah. But what the hell do I know yet? Hahah

1 Like

Well lack of nutes and no pH meter is def a good cause of any issues. If water is not PhD after mixing nutes in then it will cause a lockout and the plant won’t uptake any nutrients like it should. pH is a must for sure. Ppm on the other hand is not so much. Just helps tell if the plant is eating or not basically

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t notice the no ph meter yup thats your biggest problem nitrogen absorbs at lower ph then other macronutrients honestly you’re lucky they turned out as good as they did and yes your plant is perfectly healthy to harvest, invest in a apera ph pen anything cheaper and it’ll aggrevate you at how fast it gets uncalibrated

1 Like