Hombolts secret?

Anyone use this. I would like to start using while in flower to hopefully make better buds. I have never used anything other than fox farms trio.

3 Likes

I haven’t used that but have used their Ginormous bloom booster. Works good

1 Like

This is more to feed microbes than for the plant. Not sure what the current thinking is on sugar in soil. Most nutrient lines have a sweetener. If you like it, use it and tell us what you think.

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty don’t you have some info on molasses? Sorry if I’m remembering wrong

This would probably be an alternative to something like bud candy by AN - not sure it’s completely necessary but you have to weigh the benefits and cost and only way to do it is to try. Please let us know!

1 Like

Plant’s can’t take up sugar through osmosis…
Molecules are too big…
It’s just to feed microbes as @Myfriendis410 mentioned… :wink:
Works great for soil or coco , but not for dwc or rdwc or nft or areoponics…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

WHAT??? You don’t like Pythium? LMAO. I was wondering if the molecule was too big.

1 Like

Yes you are right…
Sugar’s cannot be absorbed through the plants cell and root walls…
It’s just to help beneficial microbes , but must be used with caution , because it will also feed nasties… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I use Persephone’s Palate, which acts like molasses-on-crack, but does not contain anything except calciumlignosulphanate (sp?), plus Earth Juice’s Catalyst, which is molasses based.

1 Like