Hogbud's G/Glue trolley Scrogs. soil vs coco

I was told to rest for 10 days after returning home from hospital, but knew I had a tent full of dried (and almost over dried) plants to trim so thought it would be perfect timing…
Anyway I decided to try out a trimming machine and to my surprise it worked out quite well, getting everything done in a few hours.

Some of the jars with the drier bud in has RH of 58% and the highest is 62%. Think I got very lucky !!! However i cant even test any of it until my lung has healed

4 Likes

@hellraiser HI there sir, I collected the dust from the inside of the clear dome of the trimming machine ( I think the static helped ) As you can see below I collected some kief to try make some hash with the hot water in a bottle technique.
Do you think it will be clean or pure enough to use, seeing it wasn’t sifted through a screen? It was collected from the inside of the clear dome lid, so I am assuming it should be mainly trichome dust ? It has been kept in the freezer since collecting…

This is a mix of Guerilla Glue, Blue Widow & Banana Monkey…

5 Likes

Here are some pics of my current grow approaching late flower. Was supposed to be a SOG but spread them out somewhat as i have enough light to do so and wanted to avoid another WPM outbreak. Have some dud phenos amongst them though, Bruce Banner and Green Crack buds seem like more leaf than calyx. But the Blue Berry Berry, Banana Monkeys and Blue Widows are looking good, feeling solid and sticky and smelling just sweet!

Blue Berry Berry

view of the set up in both rooms

5 Likes

We love our bud trimmer. The trim that comes off the buds make excellent stuff to decarb. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Me too, have bags of trim in the freezer.

1 Like

Hey bud, you’ll know if it’s pure enough when you try to do the hot water bottle thing, if it does not stick together than it wasn’t clean enough or fresh enough. I’ve tried to do the hot water bottle thing with older kief from my kief box and it would not stick together, no matter how long I rolled it or pressed hard on it, so just smoked that kief as is.

5 Likes

These (hopefully) will be my next attempt at a SOG run, unfortunately I took these cuttings from plants that were already 2-3 weeks into flower so they are still re-vegging and have their funky leaves going on.

And then there’s an effing RAT munching on them

!

@Arrow

7 Likes

damn rats are clever… ill check with an American friend, he used another type of trap, and eventually started getting them… :sunglasses: :v:

Shot, but this trap has caught many already. I originally had it set up in an awkward position so he was approaching from the wrong direction. Now I have it screwed to the plank which is jutted out from under the clone tray so he can literally “walk the plank” lol

2 Likes

I had a rat problem until I got this guy. I got lucky with him too, he eats the evidence haha. His name is Nolan :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

Beautiful cat. I had an 18 year old ginger cat that killed and ate a rat the night before he died. :frowning: He was so old and still got the job done

3 Likes

Apparently, Even he doesn’t like the taste of Cicadas!

3 Likes

Well. trap re set with Blueberry berry larf mostly cloudy with some clear trhichs (2 weeks out) and smelling lovely

5 Likes

mine has also passed on…he had many interests… :sweat_smile:

:sunglasses: :v:

4 Likes

Haha, bellied up like a child to the dessert buffet line.

4 Likes

If he gets tbe bait tonight without tripping the trap, just look around a little bit, he’ll be passed out somewhere lol

Sorry you guys lost your cats. This is my first but I’ve raised dogs all my life so I know tbe pain of that loss :pray::worried:

2 Likes

He does eat them!! Just wings will be left lol

3 Likes

It looks relatively clean. Worst thing that could happen is it will be of slightly lower potency due to plant material.

It ended up in the freezer, will be used for something or other. I gave a “dirtier” few grams to a friend and got smoked. Said it was super potent :laughing:

1 Like

spent Saturday and Sunday flushing down 43 x 2gal pots to lower the PPM to 700. ( had to run on average 5 litres of water through each pot ) Tonight ill do another round of water flush to get to 300 PPM and probably chop them Thursday. Don’t want no throat burning weed this time round!
Thanks @Hellraiser for your flushing advice !!

2 Likes