Ho Ho Ho, the Christmas grow 🎁

I have seen remarkable results with root spray hybrids… great choice

1 Like

It will keep your rockwool from getting green if yours does that too

1 Like

I run only a 1" return so by spraying it the drain wont ever get overwhelmed and flood the res on the plant side.
Bleaching all the RDWC parts now

1 Like

I like your work! Please tag me. Would love to follow

Seems ready

Guess where the netting came from
:boom: Miss Vonn that looks like it hurt!
:clown_face:

4 Likes

Ummmmmm :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Changed the category to journals. Appears it moved

1 Like

I’m about to use the same thing as my scrog screen. Clown minds think alike :wink:

2 Likes

I get to help make the course for the Boarder/Skier X FIS world Companionships this year :clown_face:

1 Like

Nice, never heard of it. But it sounds cool

1 Like

Day 1 - two beans dropped in Jiffy Pod’s and in the germination station filled with PH’d R.O.

The germination LED is set and ready (50 watt UFO).

I have one of the hydrofarms with layered media (clay pebble, clay chip, coco coir +p) I am going to run the system solo and prime the expanded clay/coir. The perlite/coir will buffer PH so I need to dial in the media before cutting inline with the res/controller. I have never used Coco Coir as part of a grow medium. Not sure how much it will buffer since half of the media chamber is expanded clay… I have time to play with it while we germinate and root those pods… :seedling::seedling::seedling:

1 Like

Day 2 - I am just getting started. Ended up having to harvest two - 20 foot rows of sweet potatoes I grew. Early fall harvest for the veggies and peppers.

Most of this crop will be delivered to our local food bank. I like to grow way more than needed so I can donate. Going to pickle the Greek Pepperoncini for me.

The Jiffy Pods are swelling in PH’d water.

5 Likes

Day 3 - The one hydrofarm I am testing stand alone, with the mix of layered expanded clay and Coir, is working well! I have to pop into the local aquarium and get long pipettes. I would like to take a sample of the water and test it without getting water all over the floor (getting ready to lay LVT in the entire house - tired of carpet).

Nothing has changed with regards to the germination. Jiffy Pods are “Jiffying” so, I am golden :wink:

2 Likes

Can someone tell me is it better to use tap water@420 PPM’s or RO that’s mix 1/2 strength cal/mag? :face_with_monocle:
Lights on now I can update my journal

1 Like

I can tell you, I use PH’d R.O with nothing else … not that it is correct …

1 Like

Have you tought of running air stones directly at the bottom of the water farms too? just a tought

2 Likes

Last seeding didn’t get nute burn from it, 1/2 strength was good.

1 Like

I used snow fence for my scrog too. Works well but the plants are able to push it pretty easily.

2 Likes

I have a large power head in the res and a large air stone in the charger. I thought about adding an air stone to the farm res but figured it may be overkill. The Danner pump failed mid grow so I bought this large commercial air pump from the local hydro store. It powers everything requiring air and churns the crap outta the farms.

What I would like to do is set up a GH66 aeroponic hybrid with the six inch pots and only use 3 of the 6 in my 5x5 tent.

Maybe Santa will bring to me…

1 Like

Day 4 - Not much to report. I have one sprout poking a head… nothing on number 2…

Going to replace the crappy ducting with an insulated, semi-ridged duct to muffle the sound. Appears, to me, most of the sound my wife is about to kill me over is from that cheap, thin duct. Not so much the motor itself…

@Hogmaster - I believe you are a seasoned HVAC guy by trade. May I ask for suggestions before the wife tapes divorce papers to my tent??

1 Like