Ho Ho Ho, the Christmas grow šŸŽ

Ya, theyā€™re at least 2-3 times better though. Kind led uses pretty much same led and driver tech that Mars, vipar, meizhi use. They just offer more features, and most of those donā€™t really change aspect of your grow a whole lot.

That big fluence light is a gem, unfortunately itā€™s also about $1500. Youā€™re still looking at roughly $800 or so to DIY a copycat fixture. In terms of a company being profitable and providing a nice clean looking fixture, it kinda puts it into perspective.

2 Likes

The Spydr 2X was on my radar, along with a Timber Redwood.

The Spydr 2P requires CO2 for best resultsā€¦ I am only growing for myself so I donā€™t need to go that bigā€¦ would be fun though. :grimacing:

1 Like

I agree, no need to go overboard.

1 Like

Purchased everything except the frame material. I need to go to Metal Supermarkets this weekend and pick it up. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Sweet! Keep us posted and let me know if you need anything.

1 Like

@dbrn32 - dry fit frame. I have to drill some holes and paint white before the driver and strips arriveā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t paint where the strips are going. It will likely add to thermal resistance. I personally donā€™t paint any of it. Iā€™m not really sure how much if any it matters, but in my head I feel like it allows the heat from strips to dissipate better.

1 Like

Was thinking about topping the bars with theseā€¦ Thoughts?

How much are they? You donā€™t really need them, but they would help leds run cooler

1 Like

$20.00 per, so around $160.00 if I went with digiā€¦

May skipā€¦

Ya donā€™t do that. I would run on the bars, just donā€™t paint it. If you feel they get too hot Iā€™ll find you cheaper alternative.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks :+1:t2:

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

All of the parts came in today. I think they sent the items 2 day. Explains why shipping was so highā€¦ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perhaps I should pay closer attention ā€¦

These Meanwell drivers are nice! Could rig a nice little outdoor light setup for a shed or barn using some beefy deep cycle batteries, solar panels, charge controller and inverterā€¦

2 Likes

Sweet! I havenā€™t messed around too much with the different stuff available. But there are DC to DC drivers available you could probably do that with. If you donā€™t need very high performance level, they make outdoor rated rope leds designed to run off car battery or for like a motorhome. Then you can just setup the charging side or even do it from solar cell.

1 Like

The last solar project I designed was a horse trailer my wife and I built into a food truck. The fryers ran off a bank of four 200ah AGM charged from four 100 watt flex panels. Had to cut a generator inline as backup on cloudy days but it worked pretty goodā€¦ Sold it a year laterā€¦ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

I got the green light from the boss to turn the little 10x10 spare room into a full grow room. Previous, I had to shove a small tent in the room and share it with boxes and old furniture. All gone as of today :sunglasses::metal:

I am not going to go crazy with plants. Still keeping it small but I will have plenty of room now.

I am thinking about removing the ceiling light and junction box then install the 8ā€ exhaust fan and filter in the attic. I can use the existing electrical from that ceiling light to power the fan. Already switched at the wall so I can change out the toggle with the fan speed controller.

3 Likes

One light designed and built. Just have to wire the EB and power cord. Going to attach the quick connects to the sides of the housing so I can break this down pretty easily (power supply is modular in the housing as well) when replacing componentsā€¦

5 Likes

Thatā€™s badass bro!

2 Likes