Ho Ho Ho, the Christmas grow 🎁

@PurpNGold74 - 3500, right?

1 Like

And i stand corrected. U got it. Wait for the Doc tho.

2 Likes

Not pulling the trigger…

:grimacing:

1 Like

The 35 there is indicator for 3500k. The 4000 is nominal flux, as in 4000 lumens. If you was watch all of the 280mm are 1000, all of the 560mm are 2000, all of the 1120 are 4000. So it’s more or less an indication of what length you have. Actual flux is more like 4500 lumens at 700ma, I think. But you’re definitely picking this stuff up, nice work!

2 Likes

Let me check arrow price and match up currents. Do you want dimming capabilities?

1 Like

Ok, arrow electronics has them in stock. Real quick slide over there and open an account to get on mailing list. There’s a pretty good chance they will email you discount within next day or 2. Just watch your spam folder.

Arrow will also ship for free overnight and likely have better price on driver than digikey. If you can get an additional 10% off would be even better.

I would like to see you go with a couple more strips if using those. As long as that’s not a big deal?

2 Likes

Yeah, probably a good idea

1 Like

Heading there now…

1 Like

@dbrn32 - I want to do two strips per 4”x48” so I am buying 4 of these strips. What about drivers??

1 Like

So 4 strips, 2 each on 2 pieces of aluminum? That will work. Do you want a single supply for all 4 strips, or one driver per pair?

1 Like

One driver per bar would be better… Thanks.

Two strips in series would run on meanwell lpc-100-1050. Would be about 40 watts per strip on DC side. Probably 90ish watts at wall. Per bar.

2 Likes

Thank you for all of the info

Waiting on my Arrow account. This is on stand-by…

2 Likes

Awesome!

You’ll want like a 10 pack of 2 port wago connectors, a roll of 2 sided thermal transfer tape, and a spool of 18awg solid hook up wire rated for 300v. You’ll need a couple of power cords too, but you can use short extension cords or whatever for those. Let me know if you need help finding any of that stuff.

1 Like

Rough diagram of my light design. May change a bit… need to draw it up better with a Bill of Materials…

1 Like

Man i love it when a plan comes together. Yea DB its less and less Chinese. More like German. Context clues help :joy:

3 Likes

Not many people make commercial off the shelf strip lights that are worth anything IMO…

1 Like

There’s a couple, but they’re definitely not cheap!

1 Like

2-3 times the cost for something like a KindLed. Ridiculous…

1 Like