Ho Ho Ho, the Christmas grow 🎁

Avalon Bay Ecowash Portable Hand Cranked Manual Clothes Non-Electric Washing Machine, Counter Top Washer for Camping, Apartments, RV’s, or Delicates https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSD2CMC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gr9oCb9QMKWGS

This has potential… I may be purchasing

I love my washer because it has a mesh bag to hold the trim and reduces plant matter in the hash water. Making sure everything is ice cold is vital.

2 Likes

8 grams dried… kinda a “meh” first try… gets you higher than a kite :grimacing:

Now to do the other half. Tips/Tricks for a better run is greatly appreciated :+1:t2:

6 Likes

I broke up a piece and mixed it with some crystalline kief I have been collecting.

… was supposed to paint the spare bedroom. That was 3 hours ago. My wife is not gonna be happy…

Damn, I’m high…

4 Likes

Bro. When you do the next batch pour your water through a wire strainer to help get rid of the larger plant matter. You can do it as you pour the water into the first micron bag that you throw away.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 - what are your thoughts on led strips for spectrum targeting and/or supplemental lighting in a 1x4 space (tent space I have available)? I was thinking about a couple of Timber Chibi’s but I completely forgot about strip lighting (and I just helped my buddy install strips in his boat…)

Any input would be appreciated

1 Like

I think any of them are very good lights. I would say you would probably do better with strips in a 1x4 space than a chibi. The chibi is 100 watt cob that would be really intense directly below cob but not quite have the diffusion to provide good coverage in a long narrow area.

The 1x4 is part of a bigger tent right? If you help me understand what you’re looking to do there I would be happy to share my thoughts. I’m just not sure if you’re looking to do something very specific there, or maybe it’s just a spot in your tent that’s a little weak in lighting?

1 Like

Correct, the 1x4 is “bleed” space not under direct light. I am getting low 600 umol/s under the light and 390-400ish in that bleed so I would like to supplement that space. Heat is an issue so the Chibi’s would be good (a little hot) but like you said, intense down with maybe 1.5 foot spread. I would probably need 4 -$180 each. Wasted light and money (for dead space supplementing).

Thoughts??

1 Like

If you’re looking for high powered in a small package the Samsung f series comes to mind. They’re available in a few different lengths and even a double row model that you could run about 100 watts on a small heatsink. Those particular strips run about $50 each though. If you have a true 48" just about all of the strips are available in 1120mm length, about 44" make good coverage without having to do anything special for frame. You could probably do 2 of those double row f series strips and even help out the center a little. I can check pricing and availability on them and the single row f series.

Bridgelux EB gen2 is a lower powered strip, also less expensive. You could also do a few of those and get to similar results. In terms of cost vs light output, it doesn’t seem to make a difference what you use. More of lower powered strip usually works out pretty close to less of higher powered strip.

3 Likes

Perfect start. Thanks.

1 Like

I went and looked, arrow must’ve just had decent discount code. They’re cleaned out on Samsung stuff. Digikey has single and double row f series, $58 for double row, $32 for single row. Had to go to work before I could check on the EB strips.

The trade off there is that you can usually run the eb strips on flat plate or angle. The f series sammy’s need a heatsink extrusion to disperse heat due to higher power level. If you have to buy it’s all about the same. But if you have some aluminum laying around or can get it really cheap, the eb gen2 may be way to go.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 - I have $250 allocated to lighting. It’s all I have in the budget. That is enough to get creative… Ultimately, I will need to light an 8x8x10 room but not until I run my HVAC and scrubbers through the attic. The 4x4 tent has to work for now. Would like to put the budget to its best use.

Open to options for sure

1 Like

Metal Supermarket is right down the street. It is like Wal-Mart but for metal…

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Ok. Check to see what it would cost you for something like a piece of 4" or 6" bar stock 4’ long. .125 thickness would be suitable for the leds, but you’d likely have to support it ar 4’ length. .250 would be plenty rigid enough but probably cost substantially more.

Another idea may be to do something with QB 120’s. A 4 pack is $120. Driver for the 4 is about $60 if arrow has in stock. You’d need about 10’ of aluminum angle and about $30 worth of stuff from Amazon. That would be pretty good light for something like 2x4, and put you right around $250.

1 Like

.125 is $15 4 inch - 4 foot
.250 is $26

3/16th is $20. The guy said it would work in place of the .125 and save a little money…

@dbrn32 - Have these in the cart in case…

These are 3500k, correct? What about power?

I think u have the 4k there…

Maybe wrong tho :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

I can’t find kelvin on the data sheet… found CRI …:rofl::rofl:

I just saw 35e4000. Pretty sure itd be in the serial number

1 Like