Ho Ho Ho, the Christmas grow šŸŽ

She is as she perked up. A lot of crunchy sugar leavesā€¦

Never made hash. Curious about itā€¦

I hope she survives but I wonā€™t be too upset. Sid will produce a decent yield till I get the room fixed and set up. I am painting and laying LVT flooring then setting up the 4x4 and hanging the 8 inch blower/filter from the ceiling. I am also turning the closet into my control room (Hydroponic gear, controllers/timer, etc.)

I want to set the room up a little better before I start the Bananna Kush Photoflowerā€™s

1 Like

Well if you bud isnā€™t smokable, let me know and we will talk cold water hash! You will get a ton out of her so she isnā€™t wasted.

3 Likes

@Vexer - I am considering her a lost cause. I believe there to be root damage sufficient enough to make her stop flowering and focus on root recovery. At 70 days for an autoflower, I am not sure a full recovery possible. Photo, perhaps, but stillā€¦ The plant was in late bloom. Not sure that would matterā€¦

Think I may focus on Sid and the nice buds she is growing. I will probably grow one more WW during the winter to make up for Nancy. The wife and I are going to start the flooring in Spring so I have some timeā€¦

1 Like

If Nancy has trics you can use her, but up to you bro. I made hash out of the girl I drowned lol.

2 Likes

Got a ton of trichs- clear onesā€¦ What is the hash method you talked about??

Do you want to let trics try and mature or do you just want to chop Nancy now so Sid can maximize flower time you have left?

1 Like

ā€¦ I am torn. Do I take the red pill or blue pill, Neo??

2 Likes

If you take the red pill, there is no going back. Put it this way, would Nancy being chopped down really benefit Sid that much? If not let the trics try and develop, if it would be a benefit, then chop Nancy, dry her for a day and freeze all the buds and sugar leaves.

1 Like

Intelligently putā€¦ thank you. I am gonna let her ride it out. I am checking trichs daily at this point. I will try to get a pic with the loupe up to my iPhone lensā€¦

1 Like

@Vexer - my tag and my reply did not takeā€¦ see aboveā€¦

@Poseidon hi been reading your grow journal shame things went wrong but it happens to us all just keep learnig where we go wrong that all we can do,
as for making hash I had a crop that got heat stressed and only 1 plant out of 6 made it through so I turned rest into hash and wow it was a right good smoke, all I did was get some bubble hash bags and itā€™s simple to do water and ice all there is to it put your bags into a bucket put your weed into it add cold water and ice stir it all up and drain through the bags done you got hash

1 Like

@g-reg - Bubble Hash , eh? I have never done it but willing to give a goā€¦

Easy??

So easy bro. I have the washing machine for it too, but you can stir the trim in a 5 gallon bucket with ice water as a replacement for the washer machine.
BUBBLEBAGDUDE Bubble Bags 5 Gallon 5 Bag Set - Herbal Ice Bubble Bag Essence Extractor Kit - Comes with Pressing Screen and Storage Bag Amazon.com

3 Likes

looks good you got a good amount there
thatā€™s the only downside to bubble hash for how much weed and leaf material you put in to what you get back but hey I guess that because your only getting the triclones back and losing all the matter

1 Like

yeah simple brother

1 Like

Haha blue pill it is. Happy ur gonna try to let her ride a bit further. Dont go into the light Nancy!

4 Likes

Thanks for the link. I am going to buy them to have around. I Have wondered how hard it is to do. Perhaps now is the time to find out?

I will think on it while the bags are in transit.

Thanks again, @Vexer

:sunglasses::metal:

1 Like

:grimacing: I canā€™t friggin decide. Close to 80 days in ā€¦ this sucks

Thanks! I have wanted to try it out.

Not hard to do at all. There is a full on video that show you the best way to do it. But as I said if yplou donā€™t want to by the wash machine then you just stir the crap out of frozen buds and sugar leaves in a 5 gallon ice water bucket (equal portions water and ice) for 15-20 min to knock all the tricomes off. Then use a strainer to remove all the buds and sugar leaves from the water. The trics will sink to the bottom of the bucket. After that it is pouring it through the micron screens of the bubble bags. Let me know when you do it for some added advice.

1 Like