Hlg600rspec vs hlgscorpion600 vs hlg2x350r?

Well it goes like this…I have been running a 600w hps/mh since moving my grow from outdoor only to indoors. After being part of this community for a while now, i have read alot of journals and post of every1 praising hlg led lighting. I have been wanting to upgrade for a while now as to take my grow to the next level. Although i have done well with good buds with the 600w hps, i feel i can do better. Probably because of my years of outdoor growing. With that being said the 600rspec, scorpion rspec, and 2x350r lights have been the led’s that i got it narrowed down to. I currently am growing in the 4x4 gorilla original tent. I realize that these will all work and the scorpion would be tight but doable, but i just cant decide on which to pull the trigger on. My concern mostly with the 600 rspec is the 28 to 36 inch suggested mounting height, could see that being a possible problem. I do some lst but mostly just the topping after the 5th or 6th node, and only lst to try to keep canopy even. Seems like i always have literally only couple inches to spare at most each harvest so the higher mounting height has me concerned. Was hoping to be convinced of the right light by you guys since im new to led’s. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Depending on your space, it’s often recommended to get multiple lights for adjustability and better coverage when plants are different sizes.

I haven’t gotten to push my 350r yet because I’m still in veg first run with it, but it’s really nice.

Headroom is important

3 Likes

I hear what your saying…partially the reason for the two of 350r for tent, just for better control, and the 5 yr warranty with the diablo board is appealing.

2 Likes

Diablo boards can lay so close to canopy… allowing more plant height below the light as well as tighter clearance to the roof.

3 Likes

I have considered the kits as well but i believe its only a 1 yr warranty. Not affraid to pay for the warranty

2 Likes

I agree there! The refurbished ones I think have 3 year coverage.

Mine was new… They just upgraded chips and called it refurb

Even the scorpion can be i believe 12 to 18 inches from canopy but it is 6 fixed boards and not sure if it has same penitration power as the 600

2 Likes

You’re looking for people who know more about lights than me further than this… haha ha

Good luck

I shared your same concern about the height issue. I just replaced the lights in my 3 grows with HLG. I went with the Scorpion Diablo in my 4 x 6 closet and two 350R’s for my 2 1/2 × 5 and 2 x 4 tents. The Scorpion is a kick ass fixture, no need to go anywhere near full strength. I’m in week 5, and it’s definitely outperforming the Mega that it replaced. It’s also giving me far less heat troubles than the Mega did.

5 Likes

Two 350r is superior to hlg-600. By quite a bit in my opinion. More efficient boards on more balanced board placement. Hlg-600r is still a good light, but not as good as 2 350r.

4 Likes

Whats your opinion compared to Scorpion 600 vs 2x350r. I know there would be 60 more watts with two 350r but as far as a even ppfd across 4x4? Im leaning more towards 350r bc of the sexy 5 yr warranty but more even ppfd means more. Plus i think having ability for two different heigjts leaning a bit more towards the 2x350r

3 Likes

I got two 350r’s in my 4x4 first run with them but I’m liking them so far and So are my girls lol. You can check my journal out if ya want to see how they’ve done so far. Flipped to flower oct 28th

2 Likes

There is an advantage to having more boards, but you also lose flexibility in having one large fixture. I feel like this more of a preference than it is getting a better light one way or the other.

1 Like

Yup…tough decision…been thinking non stop about it and cannot make up my mind. Thank you for your input!

1 Like

I don’t think you will be disappointed either way. One thing that I would do, is consider any potential for future expansions. Moving to a 5x5 may suit scorpion Diablo a little better. But if you were to go to something like a couple of 3x5 or 2x4 the 350r would at least fit.

2 Likes

Hello i have a quick question. Which is better in your opinion. 2, 350 Rspec or 1 scorpion diablo? For a 4x4x7 tent

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with the Scorpion in a 4x4. Do consider a Scorpion Diablo in the refurb section on HLG. You can use the 20% off code “grow” and snag one for $870 shipped to your door.
Here’s my Scorpion in a 4x4.

:man_facepalming: this was a resurrected thread. Should have looked at the date.

1 Like

Scorpion :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I keep making stupid buys. I bought the hlg 600 rspec together with the uva bar for close to what that refurbished scorpion cost. Now im looking to exchange. Should i do it? I already wrote to them and i am waiting to hear from them

1 Like

Absolutely! In a heartbeat. You won’t regret it.