Hlg135 v2 $188, to my door

Will it be enough for 2 plants?maybe 3?been running mine for 2 weeks , seeds ordered, loving it.

2 Likes

It is definitely a great light, and will pretty much cover a 2’x2’ optimally, or 2’x3’ max during flowering. I would only recommend growing 1 plant in a 2’x2’ space under this light, as you will have a lot of crowding with more than that, and not enough light coverage in the end. You can veg a few under this light. If you want to flower 2 or 3 plants, I’d recommend one more of your kits for a 2’x4’ area. I run two of the QBs on an extra wide heatsink (HLG 260 XL). It covers a 2’x4’ area very nicely.

Welcome to the forum, by the way :grin::v:

3 Likes

1 Like

No problem. HLG is a pretty good company for lighting. A lot of users on this forum have went that route with great success. Myself included. They make a far better choice than getting caught up on the Amazon lighting carousel. You basically want at least 2’x2’ for each plant (there are exceptions). The light you have will cover that perfectly. If you want to do a couple more plants, I would advise more lighting. What is the dimension of your grow space?

1 Like

2x2,I’ve been on here for awhile, great site, learning a lot. Managed to grow a wwa with a 175w hps combined with numerous cfls, slowly I’m improving my grow room. My problem is humidity is 35%at 78deg, light is 18" from plants. I’ve gotta small humidifier in there without it my humidity is 10%.definitely a learning curve !

1 Like

Yeah. Vapor Pressure Deficit is a tough beast. Hard to keep the temperature and humidity in line for optimal growth, especially if the temperature isn’t constant. Sounds like you have a good handle on what you are doing.

Between that HPS and the HLG kit, if you can squeeze out a 2x4 area, you’d definitely be able to flower two nice plants, no problem.

Those temps are just the hlg135, the hps was way too hot

1 Like

I hear that. Heat and wattage draw prompted me to check out HLG. HPS lights are indeed hot, especially for a small space. Are you in a grow room, or small tent? I was having humidity problems for a while, then finally decided to control the humidity in the room surrounding my tent, instead of micromanaging the inner tent so much. It worked pretty well.

Makes sense ,I’m in the closet of a spare room, it’s on a outside wall, I got a small small ducted fan pushing air outside and a oscillating fan inside.

1 Like

Gotcha. Maybe try to humidify the spare room as well. I had the opposite humidity problem in my area.

Its weird, in my area I can only grow in winter, it’s way to hot in the summer. Not that I didn’t try,put a window ac in near the closet and ducted half into the closet. But with my new light it may work.

1 Like

Very nice. It’s funny how the seasons can sometimes work to your advantage. I will add, optimal canopy temperature for the grow space while running quantum boards is between 80°F-84°F, from what I have learned (you are pretty close on that). QBs don’t heat the canopy as much as HPS/CMH, so the area can be a bit hotter. When using HPS, a 77°F range is good, because the canopy receives more direct heat from the HPS light. If you can dial the humidity in, you’ll be golden.

edit: If you are supplementing C02, temps can be pretty high.

I love winter growing it’s the absolute best. Also Hlg has great lights. I used to use Mars hydro and those things would get super hot. HLG ftw!

1 Like

Yeah. I’ll take the associated hassle of low temperatures any day over extremely high temperatures.

1 Like

Definitely and I always struggle to get rid of the high humidity it’s a pain and ruined my crop once. Someday I hope to harvest enough to Last the summer and start back up in the fall…someday.

1 Like

I truly hear you. I live in the upper Midwest. A bunch of my buddies lost huge percentages of their outdoor crops to bud rot this year. The weather was even more sporadic than usual. Temperatures ranged from 30°F to 85°F during the fall, and the humidity fluctuated like crazy. Tons of rain as well. It’s devastating to lose any of your crop, let alone most of it…bud rot makes me cringe.

1 Like