HLG UVA supplement light bars

I took a gamble and ordered one of these…
majo-v1.2-1000h-9 from Alibaba. Same diodes, same drivers… I guess we will see what I end up getting for $722.00 shipped.

1 Like

Hahahah love this

2 Likes

I believe the addition of UVA is suppose to stress the plant causing it to produce more trichomes to protect itself from the uv rays.

3 Likes

:+1: Got my email a little bit ago.

1 Like

It would advised to read about the product before buying , everything has cons and pros and is better for the user to understand details behind product for proper use

2 Likes

No info on website on the light. Can anyone explain its purpose and function???

Yeah they are just selling the light , not educating you about uva lights , your buying cus you already know what they are for , I think I would help you more by make you you look for it - just google uva effects on plants etc , this growers take time understanding the science behind it to push their grows to max , having an equipment is one thing but understanding what goes underneath is as important if not more important , but you need both to make it work - the easy answer for you is it’s for Flower for the production and crystals/thc but as well has related factor like direct connection to melanoma- skin cancer - at the end since you are the one planning to use it ,to your set up , i would still encourage you to read more

1 Like

I know @Hellraiser uses them maybe he can chime in and drop some first hand knowledge

1 Like

They help with germination and other veg factors but it’s normally used in flower - @Audiofreak

1 Like

Adding UVA in flowering makes for denser trich coverage on the buds which is the most significant thing I’ve noticed since using UVA. With the added trichs, it also seems to make the buds a tiny bit more potent (more thc) that is noticeable by me and others that I share my buds with.

My friends and family are very familiar with my Cherry Ice Cream strain as I’ve been growing clones of it for a few years and it’s everyones favorite strain and the strongest strain they’ve ever smoked. Everyone noticed that the latest crop of it seemed a little stronger than before without me even saying anything. I just put the buds out there and people were like wow - it’s even stronger than before, how is that possible?

Needless to say, I’m a fan of UVA and I’ve been playing with UV for over 20 years, used to use UVB flouro tubes with HPS and also got similar results, though I’m seeing a much stronger response from the UVA leds, probably due to better penetration and intensity from the leds.

I’m also using UVA in veg now, can’t say I see much difference vs not using in veg but have noticed the leaves are a bit stickier when defoliating, most likely from more trichs being grown on the leaves - the plant putting on more sunscreen to protect itself from the UV.

ChilLED has a great article on the benefits of UVA, see the URL in the screen capture to see the whole thing as it’s not an authorized link, but will paste some it here.

8 Likes

You had me at reason…

5 Likes

Thank you the knowledge , and years of experience you bring to the table

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. The one hlg has is it too “big” for my 2x4x6.3???

1 Like

No, not too big, one HLG UVA30 will fill your 2x4 tent with UVA rays (a good thing). I use 2 of them in my 3x3 flowering tent.

Then get ready for super trich production/coverage. This a Cherry Bubba Kush cross I grew recently under the double UVA lamps that is just covered with trichs everywhere (genetics help though).

6 Likes

I have upgradeidess, upgraded about everything but lights. Still using hlg 260 xl V2.

1 Like

Na if @Hellraiser likes it I buy it & if I don’t like it I just blame him. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah anyone can use his set up ,it’s pretty trick out and optimize already, can grow pretty good weed , but not his weed , I feel like he know this , can give you the exact same recipe he uses , still grows better weed -.-

2 Likes

Like those uppidity housewives that share a recipe but leave out that one ingredient because they want theirs to be the best!

3 Likes

maybe a greener thumb

1 Like

HLG orders Leaving Memphis

9 Likes