HLG site wide 25% off

Just looked at the HLG website, and the 25% off on everything has started.
Anyone waiting on this may want to move quickly.

10 Likes

Thanks for heads up just ordered Blackbird!

2 Likes

@Blastfact mentioned it yesterday. Thanks @Ickey for reminding us. Got a uv30 XL for $104 all in. Free shipping. If you want/need anything from HLG it’s a pretty good time to get it.

5 Likes

Just ordered a 350 Diablo and the uv. Now to get it past my wife! Lol

2 Likes

Your wife like that also?
I have been running the double Diablo w heat sink kit for a week now. I can see a huge improvement in growth. I am just in the fourth week of veg, and just at half power output. I am sure you will love that 350.
How do you plan to mount the UV with the 350R? Or maybe I couldn’t ask, I may end up in trouble with the wife also!

1 Like

She’s all good, she gets to enjoy the hobby also. I just went completely over budget on a rdwc setup chiller and everything and I have some ac infinity lights 300w total in a 2x4 but I couldn’t pass up this deal. Saved $200 easy! I have no clue how to mount it yet, hopefully someone has made something up for it? I’ve been searching but haven’t found anything yet.

1 Like

I am thinking of just hanging it next to the big light. I don’t really have any room in the 2x3.

1 Like

Stole this from another thread.

3 Likes

Blackbird came today :grin:

3 Likes

I received my uva light today. Lucked out and it was delivered while the wife was away from the house.
It will be a few weeks before I get to use it. But I was happy with how well and easy it was to install. I just wire tied the supplied clips to the the top front horizontal frame rail. Being in the upper front corner of the tent, blocks the light from hitting me directly in the face when opening the tent’s door. And it is as far away from the plants as possible.
The pictures are looking up at the tent ceiling.

1 Like

Thats how I have mine mounted. Already up to 4 hours. My plants are living the new lights!

Ordered a refurb HLG 350R a couple days back, 399. minus 25% discount. Already shipped, due in 3 days. This light will replace 2x SF1000’s in my 2x4 tent with passive cooling, no filtration. I’m wondering how much more heat it’ll produce compared to the 2x SF1000’s?

Welcome to the forum!
Looks like you will be going from 200 watts to 350. That is about a 75% in your input current, and this will produce more heat. You will probably start off with new the light dimmed down some and ramp it up gradually, as you let the plants adjust to the increasing light. If during this ramp up time it appears heat will be an issue. I would consider remote mounting the driver first.

Thank you, currently running 2 SF1000’s at approx 80% without filtration system, tenting rarely goes above 75F using a single 6" cheap fan exhausting the top vent. I’m thinking with the extra wattage the new light dimmer will likely not be above 60%, will see.
Currently into week 5 of flower with GSC and BB. Will transition lighting within a few days.

That is a couple very good strains you have going,
Unless my math is off, you are at a total of 160 watts now. The 350R at 50% should be about 175 watts and at 60% 210 watts.
You may want to use some type of light meter. The Diablo boards will fool you if try and judge it by eye. With so many led chips on this board it doesn’t appear as very bright, or as bright as my old light. But when I check it with the phone app it is “Wow”! In fact I struggle with keeping it turn down enough.

1 Like

appreciated. Hope the current passive cooling will work with the 350R.