Hlg Meanwell driver upgrade

I currently have a Budget Led Series 2+ Rspec 250 watt quantum board. I was looking into upgrading the meanwell driver to a 320w. Can anyone help with any input on this topic?? The light is dimmable and has an HLG-240H-C2100B. If it is possible to upgrade the meanwell driver what is recommended so it won’t burn out or damage the diodes. Found an HLG-320H-C2100B but Budget Led 330watt and 350watt quantum boards use an HLG-320H-C2800B.

@dbrn32 knows these well and can help you.

1 Like

You’re trying to add a third board or run two boards at higher current? It sounds like you’re trying to run 2 boards at higher current. If so, you’re going to have to contact budget led and see how much current each board can handle. I have never seen them get anything more than 2100ma.

I agree with @dbrn32 , this is the upgrade driver for HLG ,HLG-320H-C1750A. You would have to check with manufacture of your board to see if it’s compatible.

Yeah I’m trying to run the 2 boards at a higher current. I’ve seen ppl do an hlg quantum board from a 260w to an hlg320w. But asking the manufacturer actually sounds like a good idea lol

I emailed the manufacture and they said it is possible to use a 320w. What do you guys think about it and their response??

If they blow out it a week, are you ready to replace them? I’d get the driver and another board and get the wattage you want and still keep the reliability

If I get a another board I would also need to buy another sink board that fits 3 boards. I’ll look into it a bit more. I finished my first grow and I got 255g in decent bud size and a ziplock bag of popcorn nugs.