HLG Lighting Help

So my last grow both plants came out super airy unfortunately nice tricombs production but to airy for my liking all tho it was my 1st grow as well as I got both plants in pre veg I have my 4x8 with clones from the 2 plants and well the original 2 girls where only grown under 2 HLG 100 V2 3000k in a 4x2 i did also deal with high heat stress my 1st grow well I now have 8 of the same panels now 4 per each side of the tent giving me good 4x4 coverage per side and am hoping these will do me well with this next run they are doing amazing for veg if not I gues I just blew about $1300 lol please feel free to tag the light person id appreciate the input

4 Likes

@dbrn32 I do believe he means you. I personally think that will work fine enough though you probably could’ve saved about 150$ by getting 260xl s (but this way you can personalize each light to each girl)

4 Likes

Yeah 1st instinct was to buy more rather than bigger and better lol a bit of a screw up and yeah @dbrn32 I’d appreciate the insight

1 Like

I have two QB260 rspec in one half of my 8x4 and as soon as I have the cash i will be buying more for the other side. Just love these lights but they’re pricey.

3 Likes

Plants look very happy !

3 Likes

For $1300 you probably could have done better. Those fixtures have a ppf of about 220 umols/s. 4 per 4x4 will give you about 1000 umols per side. The lights they typically sell for a 4x4 run in the 1200-1500 umols/s range.

3 Likes

Ok so how bad did i screw up then are these even going to be worth my time or are they just going to be good veg lights lol if I need new lights I need to get them soon before flipping these girls I just dont want to end up with the same issue I had previously

1 Like

Hmm you’re fine you got the 3000 which mean they have tons of red making them great for flower time and decently good for veg(if you got nothing but 4ks I would’ve said you screwed up big time)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t really say you screwed up, you could certainly be in worse shape. There are people who have fairly successful grows with less anyway.

3 Likes

Thats definitely reassuring lmao

2 Likes

What are you hoping to get?

1 Like

Quarter to half pound per plant

1 Like

Better to think in terms of yield per square foot.

2 Likes

I don’t think it would be unreasonable to attain a pound out of 4x4 with four hlg 100’s. 2 pounds doesn’t seem very likely though.

4 Likes

So I’m getting a new light for my 4x2 and im not sure what to get i will be eventually upgrading my 4x8 with 4 of these after this run I have atm but for the time being im focusing on my 4x2 tent where I will be finishing 9ff 2 of the girls coming out of my 4x8 to make room which 9f these 2 should I get

@dbrn32

You could probably do 350r and then end up with 3 of them for 4x8

1 Like

Awesome thats what ill do then I appreciate the help

1 Like

Or I may make the leap if its going to help improve over all quality and production of my garden which 9f these 4 would you recommend ?

None of those are a great idea for a 2x4 or 4x8