Hlg light question ❓

If those are your two choices I’d definitely go with the rspec. You’ll get better coverage with no hotspots. But if you can stretch your budget. Scorpion Diablo all the way.

1 Like

Have a 4x4x8 tent

1 Like

One more note, I have the Scorpion Diablo in a 4’ x 6’ closet grow, and 350R’s in my 2 1/2 x 5 and 2 x 4 tents. They all work incredibly well in those spaces, and they definitely outperform the Nextlight Mega that used to be in the closet, as well as the ES300’s that used to be in my tents. You will be very happy with HLG!

1 Like

Well ended up getting the 650r

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone that gave advice and there views of the two lights.

3 Likes

Cant go wrong. All of HLG’s lights are awesome!! Running the Scorpion Diablo in an open room and a 350R in a 3x5 closet

2 Likes

Congrats! I run dual 260 Rspec’s in my 3x3 w/uva and will have dual 350R’s in my 2x4 w/uva real soon.

1 Like

How’s that 1 350R doing in your 3x5 space?

1 Like

@Underthestairs It does awesome!! i pulled a 30oz run (just bud weight) off of 2 autos with it Sorbet Dream Harvest
Post 358

1 Like

Beautiful job Cooter :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

One thing to consider is one big light and you have a problem, now your down your entire light. Two smaller fixtures, atleast if one has some issues the other can at least give some light to the garden. Plus more flexibility

2 Likes

Good call @Poseidon1 I’m gonna keep my old lights for the time being have back ups.

1 Like

I’ll definitely post some pics of it all set up thanks all and happy growing :v:.

Hlg is definitely the way to go the scorpion Diablo runs quite a bit cooler than 3/260s in a 4x4

3 Likes

Diablo, you’ll never look back

1 Like

Id say two 350r’s. They have a 3.11 umol/joule, extremely efficient. You could get the scorpion diablo but its more costly. BUT it has a 3.2 umol/joule slightly more efficient, but to use at peak power u need co2…is it necessary? Matter of opinion i guess. Just finally set my two 350r’s up tonight, it was 1250 ppfd with a dli of 52, way more then enough lol. Either way u will love any hlg. Lastly…i love how much white is in the new diablo boards! Its like having a metal halide that can flower at max efficiency!

1 Like

Hell I had a 4 inch round bud 3 inches under the light panel for about 4. To 6 weeks time no issues til I harvested it. Didn’t do anything bad to the bud while under light lol. Caught bud rot in that bud tho. I do believe from light being so close for so long it just cooked the inside of the bud and caused the rot if I moved the plant which I couldn’t it was strung up everywhere as it was a huge huge plant lol. Other than the scorpion is a badass light and looks super pretty in spot lol

1 Like

I run my scorps full tilt 15 inches above the canopy. No C02 and no issues.

2 Likes

Gotta love them Diablo boards

3 Likes