Hlg light question ❓

I’m looking at the refurbished hlg lights which one is a better bet for a 4x4 tent the 650r or the scorpion rspec.

1 Like

I used two 260XL Rspecs when I had a 4x4. It was nice to be able to move 2 separate lights to maximize coverage.

The Scorpion and the 650r are comparable. One is 630w and the other is 650w, but there is a $400 price difference.

My vote, FWIW, would be three 260XLs so I had the flexibility to move them if needed, but any of these options are great. If I had to pick a single light it would be the Scorpion since I am a PPFD whore. lol.

3 Likes

I’m checking out the refurbished ones and those two are catching my eye.

1 Like

Definitely would like to have one light possible upgrade in the future

I’ve never owned the 650r or the Scorpion. Hopefully someone who will give a more definitive answer will come along and contribute. I was just thinking out loud.

Totally appreciated @MidwestGuy thank you for the advice so far

1 Like

Do they let you use a discount code for the refurbished ones

2 Likes

Dunno. The last code I heard was valid (last week) was “GROW.”

Thank you @MidwestGuy been waiting a long time to get one and now stuck on which one :joy:

1 Like

Yeah you can use discount code on refurb, just got my scorpion Diablo refurb from them for my 5x5

Either way you would be happy with those lights

1 Like

Thank you @Syndrix

1 Like

Possibly these Scorpion owners may have something to add
@The_Chef
@Mark0427
@Cap_Ron
Personally I like the idea of multiple lights. Unfortunately it adds to the cost.

3 Likes

Thank you @beardless im using two lights now would like to try out one light and I see everyone’s pics with there hlg lights so figured why not give them a try.

1 Like

I like my Diablo because the boards are spaced out, more even light distribution.

The lights that have 3 or 4 qb right next to each other can create some hot spots and do better further away from the canopy.

The Diablo, scorpion, and blackbird, how they have the panels spaced out with room between them you can run the fixture closer to the plants.

Makes growing inside tent easier as space/height is very easy to run out of :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Do you have height issues in your grow? If you’re working with limited height for the plants, the 650R is not a good choice, and the Scorpion Diablo would be better because it can be closer to your canopy.
I’ve had the Diablo as close as 13" to one of my taller plants and no harm was done. The 650R would probably have burned her right up at that distance.

5 Likes

I’ve got 2 350Rs in a 3x5 and absolutely love the results I’m getting.

3 Likes

They do bro. You can get a refurb Scorpion Diablo shipped to your door using code “grow” or “EVERGREEN” for

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag my friend. I can’t recommend the Scorpion Diablo enough. @Tylersays @CooterJuice and @Flipdawg08 use them as well.

3 Likes

I’m running at about the same height with 2 in a 4x8. No issues whatsoever myself.

1 Like