HLG Diablo boards discontinued

According to the HLG website, the QB 648 boards have been discontinued. I thought these were the next step in the evolution of LED lighting.

What happened?

@dbrn32 what have you heard about this

1 Like

This says sold out?

And 650r is still available

@dbrn32 in the drop down there’s a discontinued category. It lists all the diy Diablo options. I emailed HLG. I was just about to buy two of them.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but if you want them

2 Likes

@dbrn32
Thanks for tracking those down for me. I really appreciate it. Above and beyond.
I’m going to hold off until I hear back from them. I’m curious if it’s a quality issue. Or maybe there’s a second version on the horizon.

1 Like

I read before that accidentally reversing polarity would fry the 660nm leds. I’m guessing they are making them unavailable in module or kit form to avoid potential issues.

2 Likes

They aren’t discontinued. They stopped offering the diy kits. Because ppl would install them wrong and they would blow. The only one they sell is the 650R which is because it’s pre assembled. Wish would they would Assemble some of the 260s would like to try them out

3 Likes

Hlg-300 is pretty much assembled 260 kit.

1 Like

Yea they had 260 kits with the 648 boards wanted to try those out

3 Likes

Here’s what i got from Erik 2 LEDgrow,
The QB648s were discontinued for now since customers were wiring them incorrectly and blowing the LEDs.
The QB288 boards are available right now though.