Hlg bud and weight

Gotcha wow I do need to up my game I’m only getting 21 oz for I’m guessing around 650 watts that’s 588 grams

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what the total weight is off my 2 Blue Dream. Then when my massive Peach Puree CBD finishes.

1 Like

Very nice, old school HPS/MH guy here but threads like this have me thinking I should try the HLG LEDs. Good excuse to setup another tent.

4 Likes

I wish I could afford having 3 tents. Oh I can get the gear but the long term power consumption and drastic heating issues keep me in check. I’d have to have the AC unit replaced. Then get a kid into the one side of the house or have the roof removed which is the only way this would work.

1 Like

If MH/HPS is working for you there’s no big reason to switch. Unless you are trying to reduce electrical demand. They are better, and I see it as the direction things are going. There are growers up in the way North that run LED’s in the summer and MH/HPS in the winter for heat.

Of course; it’s always a good excuse to ‘experiment’ haha.

4 Likes

You never know that’s the reason I wanted to bring up the issk

I’m still learning this hobby and my last grow was 1.2 g/w.

1 Like

Yeah I’m very happy with HPS/MH but I’m always looking for improvement.

When I started my first indoor grow in 1995 I started with regular 4’ flouro tubes (weak), then went with HO flouro tubes (little better) for the next grow , then moved on to HPS/MH where I’ve pretty much been since 1996. Some years back I tried the early LEDs, the crappy mars hydro 300’s blurples. Thought that was a waste of time and continued on with newer HPS/MH with digital dimmable ballasts.

But it looks like LED tech has definitely improved since the last time I looked.

I think I’m going to add some LEDs to my HPS setups for some serious freaking light and see what I can grow with that.

4 Likes

Back in 2000 I grew for several years using hps and mh my yeald was good but wow did those lights really use the power I mean 400 month power bill .now with these LEDs I’m around 250 a month power .

2 Likes

Yup and I run both for a good mix of lighting

1 Like

That one bud! (small nugget??) Can’t wait to see transition in light results!

I pulled 2 lbs off my first complete grow under my HLG lights. :+1:

1 Like