HLG 65 v2 is light good for beginner? 2x2 tent

Hey guys need some advice I’m new to growing and I’m trying to upgrade to new light I currently have a maxisun pb1000 and seems to be working fine but been reading and seen most people recommend the hlg lights is the hlg 65 a good starter light? I currently have 2x2 grow tent

The HLG is only a 65 watt light and is too weak to use as a primary light. The other issue with it is that the light has no red spectrum, so you can’t flower a plant with it.

I suggest an HLG 260 Rspec for 2 plants.

5 Likes

So how about my current light? What do you think of the maxisun?

It is a 200w light that should be capable of flowering 1 plant.

1 Like

No it’s a 100w if I’m correct.

Thank you for the advice

1 Like

You will not go wrong with the HLG light suggested. Also later if you expand to a 4x4 space just add another 260

1 Like

@MidwestGuy @kellydans the 260 is 600mm. That is 23.6" tight for a 24x24.
Usually the 135 comes up as a recommendation in 2x2.
But now HLG has a baby diablo. My goodness

13 Likes

Yeah, time to upgrade……again.

6 Likes

Thank guys, i was thinking about that new Diablo but seems to be new and not seen many reviews on it.

That’s a good point, @beardless not a lot of lights built to accommodate a 2x2 space.

True. 200w in that size light, I like it. Great for 2x4 2x6 Just keep adding lights.
@BobbyDigital HLG knows what it is doing

2 Likes

Yeah, that 200 Diablo really hits the sweet spot for new growers who want a good light for a single plant for not a whole lot of money.

Seems like HLG want to outdo this market against the newer Spider Farmer models.

3 Likes

That is on the HLG page?

Found it. Christmas is coming reeeeal soon

4 Likes

@MidwestGuy so between spider farmer and hlg you still think hlg light would be a better choice?

2 Likes

Yes, HLG makes better lights and has far better customer service.

4 Likes

That will make someone happy. I am a big fan of self-gifting. I mean it make a Wednesday special.
:gift:

8 Likes

Yep, I just checked out their website, quite a few lights are on sale.

1 Like

That looks like a whole lotta light for under 200.00

3 Likes