Hlg 60 supplement anyone?

Has anyone tried the hlg60 supplement flowering light? Thinking bout ordering but can’t find much info on it.

2 Likes

I’m sure @Hellraiser uses the HLG uv light alongside his 550s. They’re on my to do list. Worked out I need 4 :pleading_face:

1 Like

I bought two of them this spring and am on my third grow using them. First was with HPS lamp, second time with Hlg quantum board and third time with burple lamps. I have yet to perceive an improvement.

Trying to find the right combination or use. Decided hanging it vertically didn’t help, only lit one side of a single plant, and even then, the plant preferred the main lamp.

Might help if primary lamp isn’t powerful enough, but if you are going to spend $170 on supplemental lighting you’d be better off getting Hlg 100 quantum board light for $150.

2 Likes

I looked at the HLG 60 but decided it wouldn’t do much for me as they really only add a bit of blue and red light. If you need/want more light, there are better options for that.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there someone switching the boards for different spectrums? On hlg lights.

1 Like

I swap out rspec and bspec boards in my HLG lights for optimum vegging and flowering performance.

3 Likes

I thought so, wasn’t 100 percent. So you get the best of each world.

1 Like

I thought the light was far reds for flowering? I better read more😑

1 Like

That HLG 60 was meant more for people who had bought the older HLG lights and want to bring it up closer to the rspec spectrum for better flowering performance, which it does, but usually better off just adding more light in general (for increased yields) than just adding red and blue supplements.

2 Likes

Yep, best of both worlds:

Here is a HLG 260 and a HLG 135 with Bspec boards installed

Then the same lights with another HLG 135 with Rspec boards installed, very versatile lights

The blue light between the HLG 260 and the 135’s is the HLG UVA 30 - Ultraviolet supplement.

3 Likes

Most lights are just about getting the job done, but that is downright sexy.

2 Likes

I have to agree

2 Likes

Just love that setup :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

oh and all of those are in a 3x3

1 Like