HLG 550v2 lights, what is a good cleaning product?

Hey all was wondering if anyone has cleaned your boards? I got some pollen contamination and dust coating the surface! I would use alcohol 90 % wondering about the lights on the front

close up to the surface lens ! What do you all think?

1 Like

good question. Im watching!

1 Like

I know huh! I think some kind of solution, I worked at Pratt and whitney building engines and we had percloraethlyene and freon for solvent cleaning! kill you but great job at degreaser

1 Like

My #1 rule of cleaning is to use the least aggressive liquid that does the job you need.
Dont use solvents if water alone works. Water is the best all around solvent on the planet.
A slightly damp soft cotton rag with a gentle touch might be all you need.
The heat of the led will kill any leftover pollen as well as water will kill it from what i have read. At least it will remove it.

6 Likes

I would also add to do this with the lights off! :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes,…And let it dry out an hour of two after.

4 Likes

I use alcohol on mine. I believe HLG’s website recommends the use of alcohol. I put it on a q-tip and clean everything. No problems so far. Good luck!

4 Likes

Alcohol is a great cleaner for electronics.
It is always mixed with water unless you get industrial grade 100% isopropyl.
It will dissolve and mix with petroleum and water based ingredients.
Again, just dont flood, and let it dry out a while before using again.

1 Like

Isopropyl alcohol is a great solvent for electronics. Choose a product with a high percentage of alcohol, as it will evaporate (dry) more quickly.

NEVER apply alcohol when the unit is plugged in or anywhere near a heat source.

2 Likes

I would just ask the manufacturer.

Alcohol si the best method. as stated above, clean with a qtip and do it while it is unplugged, let dry and all will be good

1 Like

Thanks for the help! Ride on!

1 Like

2 percent bleach in water of course, using a soft clothe spray and wipe. Pollen dies in water anyway.

1 Like

Guys your lamps are in a high humidity environment they are fine to spray and quickly wipe off. Obviously dont do it plugged in, especially if you are using street lamps! Holy crap ! Boom!

1 Like