HLG 550 VR rpec in 4x4

Hi. I’m just finishing my 2nd grow. 4x4 tent, soil, Viparspectra par1200 light. I want to upgrade my light , and considering theHlg 550 VR rspec. Would this light be adequate in a 4x4? I know the 600 kit is cheaper. But I really like the plug and play… the price difference is not a factor in my decision. However, if the 600 will give better results I would consider that. Thanks for any input. Also, my next grow I’m moving to ProMix if that is a factor.

1 Like

Not to hijack your thread. I just went to their site to check the difference between 600 & 550 and it seems like they don’t sell just the boards separately.

The 550 is a complete assembled light. The 600 is a kit to put together. I’m leaning toward the 550 as it is already assembled and is already dimmable… however, if the 600 will give a significant increase in yield, I will go with that. I’m also considering two 260 kits. Just try to determine what’s best…

2 Likes

I put 2 HLG 260xl kits in my 4x4 tent. There isn’t a spot that doesn’t get hit with light. I’m extremely happy with this decision.

4 Likes

Do it great light I have 2 for a 4x8x6 tent, six plants fit nice

6 Likes

If they both have the same boards and amount of boards, they should be the same.

Which two lights do u have? The 550?

@dbrn32 What say you about the lights?

HLG 550v2 quantum lights

Otis

November 7

Which two lights do u have? The 550?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

External Media

Pizmopete

November 7

Do it great light I have 2 for a 4x8x6 tent, six plants fit nice [20191024_100031]

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

@Pizmopete I bought two HLG 260xl Rspec kits for my 4x4 and it came just under $799. I want to put that on record and I’m extremely happy.

6 Likes

Commented on a different thread about what I would do.

2 Likes

I didn’t pay that much but they are worth it!

Dbrn32 recommenced two 260xl kits. I’m taking a look at them…

3 Likes

@Otis That is what was recommended for my 4x4 tent. I can say those two 260xl Rspec kits make sure all areas get light. Well long as it’s not jam packed in the tent. I absolutely love my 2 HLG kits. I wished I would have joined here last year as I could have saved myself some cash.

4 Likes

Any issues with them? They look great! How bout heat? Do they throw off a lot? I’m leaning towards these. Sounds like u are happy with them.

Considering the same options as well so I’ll follow along your journey.

I went with the two boards that way I have more control over raising and lowering if one plants smaller, also if I do need to move or store the light my life will be alot easier.

Ps ignore the terrible plants lol new setup dialing in environment and soils way to hot with free bad genetics :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Otis Yeah they put off heat. I think I read where someone mentioned about putting there drivers on the outside of the tent. I was thinking about trying that and see if it would help with the heat inside the tent.

1 Like