Hlg 550 v2 rspec

After reading specs, reviews and hearing good things from a couple buddy’s, I bought the hlg 550 v2 rspec boards (3) from horticulture light group. Anyone on here use em? Thoughts? Comments?

3 Likes

I don’t have that model or the r-spec boards but have 2 of the HLG 600h and also built 2 photo boost strip lights that have essentially r-spec and I love them and I’m sure you will love yours!
Great move!

4 Likes

Compared to the 2 1000w hoods I was running I should save a shit ton on electric consumption too. Knock my usage down by more than 60% I believe

2 Likes

How do you like the Photo boost lights?

Havent used them yet. In room as we speak starting to get everything set up again

1 Like

I have the 320xl v2. Love it.

1 Like

I hate them :wink:
But the ladies are loving them lol
Only have had them about 40 days or so but they seem to work well so far as I can tell. The two 2x4 lights cover the 4x4 space very nice and essentially flowered the Jack H the rest in that space are in Veg.
Not as intense as the HLG 600h in the other tent (using a Lux meter checking floor etc) but has the red boost diodes and the 600h doesn’t.
I would buy them again as of now.

3 Likes

Good to know! I purchased 3 of the rspecs for .t 7x9 room. Woundering How much does it cost ya roughly for the 2? I know I’ll save a shit ton compared to my 2 1000w hoods I was using but trying to figure a ball park est.

I’ve got one built, and building 2 more next week. I built a 48x52 frame with 16 photo boost strips and 2 drivers. Hoping I spent my money wisely. @Skydiver

3 Likes

I think you’ll be happy with them.
Mine was basically same size but I have 2 frames 22x54
The first one I left about a 3” gap in middle of the 54” then measure with Lux meter on floor for the middle and the next build I made the gap in middle wider as the meter told me no problem as far as light evenness in middle and gave me a bit more on the ends.

3 Likes

To cover 4x4 with 16 photoboost strips 2 drivers frames and all parts and shipping will run between $725 and $825. Depends on materials used for frame and if you have 18 gauge wire etc hanging around already.

1 Like

I already have panels pre made as stated above my friend. But I will say i may add additional strips on the side walls to maximize yields

1 Like

Liking your set up!

1 Like

they’re up! Need to get my hands on some Humboldt seeds

4 Likes

Nice lights you’ll be happy with them and more importantly the ladies will be!
Looks like your ducks are in a row now you just gotta grow…lol

1 Like

Hey @Grandaddy013

Just finished my first plant under the Photo boost and I was very impressed with the results. One Auto Jack just harvested with wet weight of just under 2Lbs and about 102 days from seed to harvest.

I think you’ll find the same great results with them!

2 Likes

Gotta wait about 2 months sadly… going on a vacation west for two weeks. I do it all on my own so I dont have anyone to tend 4 me while I’m gone.

1 Like

Do you know how close I can hang the rspecs from the canopy? Is 12" to close to canopy?

12” at what power on dimmer? What foot print do you need to cover?
What stage of growth?
I think they recommend for that model 18”-30” depending on Veg or flower etc.
You’ll dial in the details as you go but in general
Hung higher covers bigger foot print
Adjust power based on hanging height above them and if in Veg lower ppfd needed or early flower some more or late flower more yet etc. or even for clones or seedlings at lower power.
So to answer …sure and depends…
I don’t have that model but same basics. I’m still learning stuff. Look up Daily Light Integral DLI and you’ll get a better idea on things.

1 Like

I planned on running em 2/3 power for that couple weeks of veg and then cranking em up to 100