HLG 260W QB V1 Second time grower

I just got this light for my 3x3x6 grow tent. My question is how do i cool down my tent it was 91 in there. I have the dimmer turned way down now and a 6 inch fan blowing on it. put my T5 HO florescent light back in the tent. I have 2 plants in there now that are about a week old. is this to much light for them right now ( the hlg 260 qbv1 light)

1 Like

I have the same setup but with the QB 320 XW. I know what you mean when you say it get it HOT in there. I run a 4 inch inline fan and i have to have it running full blast to keep it cool it usually stays about 79-80 degrees when its one full blast i also have a small desk fan in the corner that blows air on the plants. I have to keep the door open to the room because if i dont the QB will heat up the whole room to 85-87 degrees. And the 260 isnt to much for them i usually turn it a little bit past half way for seedling then once they are about 2-3 weeks old ill turn the light on about 75-80% and then late veg i turn it on full blast Hope this helps!

1 Like

Try putting driver outside of the tent, that’s what I did. I have 3 x 260 qb xl in my 5x5 and heat was definitely an issue, more so than with my cooled 1000w MH/HPS. Thanks to my brother @PharmerBob, for his suggestion, he was having the same issues, and moved his drivers outside the grow area, we both no longer have these heat issues :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

4 Likes

Thank you yes it did

1 Like

A t5 fixture will get you a few weeks into veg at least. I run one till my plants get to be 7-8” tall. Saves money (for me cuz I use MH/HPS) and heat and will give you some time to fine tune your temp control👍

1 Like

I run my exhaust fan 24/7 with the pass through hole open at the bottom pulling in about 68-degree fresh air from the lung room which balances out at about 77 degrees. I also have inside a small 6 inch fan moving a little air 24/7 . My 260w qbs does put off some heat but the way I got it set up it works fine. @Deepsix good luck with your grow.

2 Likes

@jwood what gauge wire did you use

I dont know i bought mine and had them assemble it for me so i dont know for sure i can look once i get home for you

What kind of exhaust fans are you guys using? If it were me, I would just turn the exhaust fan up.
@kellydans @Watt-Sun @repins12 @jwood @Deepsix

2 Likes

I use the ipower 4in inline fan from amazon

iPower GLFANXINL4FILT4MCTR Inline Fan Carbon Filter Kit Grow Tent Ventilation, Fan & Filter & Controller, Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8TZ2KV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HM8dEb26C4GCF

2 Likes

4 Inch 190 CFM Duct Inline Fan Blower @jwood

This makes sense why the temps are a little high. I have a 6 inch with Airflow: 351 CFM and I’m considering going with the 8” eventually.

2 Likes

I am using a 6 inch ipower fan with a variable speed. Usually run on medium speed 4x4 space. I would not recommend the filter I upgraded to a lot better filter.

1 Like

I’m running. 6” with my HLG-300 and don’t have any problems with heat. In my opinion a 4 inch at 190 cfm is too small for a 3x3 tent.

2 Likes

How is your intake and exhaust setup?

i have a 4 inch exhaust fan only other fan is 2 6 inch clip on fans inside the tent

Is it venting out of the top @Deepsix?

Yes it is with duct work to a filter

I am lucky I guess, but I run an intake at the bottom and the exhaust at the top so it’s always bringing in 75 f temp air in from the bottom and exhausting the hot air through the top, but I dont have to run any filters or anything so it definitely makes it easier.

2 Likes

16ga S/O cord. Same as what comes with the light. I bought 16/3 by mistake, you can use 16/2

Wait a minute. I thought that you told me and @PharmerBob, that you ran 4 fans to control heat

CoyoteCodyRegular

repins12

5d

You know to control temperatures in my tent, I just reverse the air flow when the lights are out, instead of pulling new cool air from the bottom it exhausts out the bottom and intakes at the top, since heat rises, then when the lights come on, I switch them so it intakes at the bottom bringing cool air in and expelling hot air out the top.
CoyoteCodyRegular

5d

I run two fans up top and two at the bottom, not at the same time obviously.
No they dont, as I said the dont all run at the same time, that is very obvious. When the one on top is exhausting the one on bottom is in taking, and vice versa. Meaning there is always fresh air being pumped in and old air being pumped out, they work together in pairs. They are only about 200 cfms each, but that’s all I need.
You are really over complicating this, I will spell it out for you, there is no more or less to it than this, they are all pointing and blowing in their stock and factory direction, one on top is pointing into the tent and one is pointing out of the tent. Then we have the two on the bottom, one is pointing into the tent and one is pointing out of the tent. I am not working against anything, I dont have anything reversed, I dont have anything blowing against each other etc. Again when the lights are on, the one pointing out of the tent on top is on, and the one on the bottom that is pointing into the tent is on. When the lights are off the one on the top that is pointing into the tent is on whereas the one one the bottom that is on is the one pointing out.
This is what you left on my post, copied and pasted from my post, My First Indoor Grow Start to Finish

1 Like