HLG 260 XL pros and cons?

So, i pulled the trigger on this light today. After reading through the forums, this seems to be one of the best choices for full cycle in a smaller area. What are your thoughts? Pros & Cons? Things to be wary of? I already have a Vivosun VS2000 on 2 photo plants atm and plan on using the HLG is another area for autoflower.

4 Likes

It’s a great choice. I run 260XLs in my tents.

5 Likes

Same. I run two in my 4x4 tent.

3 Likes

They’re great lights but really anything hlg usually is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Pros…super efficient. Customer service. Build. Brightness. Heat dissipation.
Cons…uhhhh. hmmmmm. Darn cant think of any.

3 Likes

Wait i found a con. You only got 1.

6 Likes

@Storm hahaha. Yea at 318 bucks and what ive already spent for startup, including building a climate controlled area, ill have to wait a month or 2 before purchasing another one… just glad i waited and did my research because i was about to get a Grow Light Science…

1 Like

Buy direct from their site and use a discount code. It was always DUDE but may have changed to GROW in May. An easy 10%

1 Like

If dont see a promo just call them. They will give 1. Gave me 20% off a new model driver.

2 Likes

Ditto! Love mine as well.

1 Like

I loved my 260 XL so much, I added a 135 to the center of the heat sync.

11 Likes

Also if you are a veteran email HLG they will give you a 25% off coupon. I got a refurbished 550v2 Rspec for like $400ish shipped.

4 Likes

Dang man. I shoulda pulled out that card. Keep forgetting. My Airforce girl and Navy son never forget. Its been over 30 years for me.

4 Likes

Wish I had known that when I ordered mine… Oh well… Someday, I’ll likely be light shopping again.

4 Likes

Yea…about 7 years or so if not just getting larger grow. Damn fine lights.

2 Likes

Good choice. I replaced my cmh 315 with an hlg 350r. Bit of a learning curve, but I’m super happy with it so far. That indica plant on the left is unlike any plant I’ve ever grown, and I’m sure the light has a lot to do with it. Haven’t even used full power yet.

Newt what size tent is that 260 xl “plus” in???

2 by 4.

1 Like

Reason i asked is i have a pair of qb 288 v2 boards sitting in a box courios is any advantage to adding it to mine other than efficiency.

I found that according to my DLI meter, I get a more even coverage across the tent. And I think there may be a small advantage for longevity by not having to run anything at max to get my desired DLI. But that could also be completely wrong. :slight_smile:

2 Likes