HLG 135w light question

Am in the process of getting my second tent to put into a bedroom. Am running a 320 Xl in a 2.5 x 5 tent in my garage. Put can only run it in Fall because of heat issues here in the desert.
Second tent will be in a 2 x 2 tent and am liking the HLG 135 w but am confused of what one to get. Would like to do a full seed to flower grow. Thought i would ask the light guru @dbrn32 and anyone else that would like to. Thanks so much

1 Like

The V2 Rspec will get it done. Dbrn might know if they have the new ones in 135. I understand they are now selling a new generation line of boards.

4 Likes

Saw on one of the sites selling those that it was discontinued but on HLG’s site and Growers site had them still? Pricing was about $197.00

1 Like

Last time I looked at HLG’s site they had the 135 V2 Rspec in stock, but were sold out of many of their other lights. I think $197 is what I saw just a few days ago.

1 Like

Get the r-spec. looks like most are claiming to have in stock by 6/15-21

@dbrn32 Tell me the 2021 was a mistake. LOL I just checked there site and they have two different ones but both look the same to me. One is sold out at $197.00 but the other one says they are in stock and the price is $220.00? Could that be a new version maybe?

I think it reads 6/15th-21st not 6/15/21

2 Likes

@dbrn32 My mistake it’s the B Version still in stock and the $220.00 is for a assembled one.

Rightbud dot com has 135 v2 rspec on back order shipping June 15th as well.

1 Like

From what I read, HLG is going to start only selling pre-assembled lights due to so many people wiring them improperly and blowing the boards. They Also said it would have a slight price increase, hence going from $197 to $220 for the 135 watt.
(I have been watching the site looking for a sale and saw the same price increase about a week ago) that is my understanding, but I could be incorrect.
Cob kits dot com had some in stock, but I just checked and they only have 1 diablo board and the 288B spec.

@dbrn32 I want to make sure, the 288R would be full spectrum and can be used for veg and flower, and the 288B is only veg, is that correct?

1 Like

The rspec is for veg and flower. B spec is for veg. Growers lights has the 135rspec for around $197. You could also go with a 135 kit in 3000k if you can find them.

3 Likes

Like @BobbyDigital says.

Realistically, both are full spectrum lights and would grow weed start to finish.

2 Likes

I bought the hlg 135 v2 rspec a few weeks back from hlg preassembled for 220 in flower now with it in 2x2x4 I had to watch a YouTube video on adjusting it still don’t have it all the way up yet

Could you buy b spec and add far right strips? If it was cheaper and just as good.

I’ve seen those far red strip and have thought about adding one. @dbrn32 is far far red supplement strip worth going for?

1 Like

If you’re pretty good otherwise and have a goal you’re just barely missing could put you there. I think first priority should go to getting par levels up, then if you have the money maybe do a little spectral tuning.

I think to answer your question, may make more sense for some than others.

2 Likes

I’m running the 135 R spec in a 2x2 with the driver turned up all the way. Fantastic light, you won’t be disappointed! From seedling to harvest.

1 Like

I too am running the 135 V2 Rspec in a 2x2 and it is doing really well unfortunately I can’t update my journal as I can’t post any pics, I can’t even put a link to it here.

@MidwestGuy @dbrn32 Was contemplating the HLG 60 watt supplement but looking at these spectrum charts, seems like I’d just get a small bump at 660 and 730, don’t think if it’s worth it for someone with a rspec.

What my 550 r spec is doing

The 60 watt supplement

3 Likes

I agree, the board is designed to bring earlier generation boards to more of latest and greatest opinions on most efficient light spectrum.

1 Like