Hlg 135 rspec questions

Hey peeps, I just got my first hlg qb and have a few questions for those with experience with this model. It’s the hlg 135 rspec. 288 board with a mean well hlg 120h-54a. I’m growing in a 27”x27”x63”. I’ve been looking around and from what I’ve seen, I’m starting out at 24” from soil at full dim. I don’t have a kill a watt and I don’t feel like buying one at this point. So my question is, what is the power at full dim vs full power?

My second question is that I have a Vipar va1000 (separate dim for veg and bloom) from my last grow and figured I’d use it as supplemental. The rspec has a color temp of 3500k and is recommended for seed to harvest. So I was thinking I could use th two spectrums of the Vipar at various stages. Right now I’m starting at just half veg for sprouting. The claimed actual draw is 230watts, so I would assume one of the two spectrums would be 115w and having it set to 50% would be about 57w running at the same 24” as the hlg. Any advice would be appreciated. I was also talking on another forum and was told to include @dbrm32. Thanks!

You won’t need supplemental lighting with that bad boy in a perfect size tent for it. On mine, dimmed all the way down is 50w. Full blast is 160w.

1 Like

Thanks for those numbers. How do you link other members in a post so they get notified?

1 Like

@marthajeep add the @ in front of their name like I did for you

1 Like

You had it right but it’s dbrn32

1 Like

Well actually getting the name right would make too much sense. Thanks @BobbyDigital!

2 Likes

Wondering if I could tap some knowledge from a well known guru. @dbrn32

1 Like

Probably something like 50 watts and 130 watts, give or take.

I think you’re good either way really.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, thanks for taking my advice on ICMAG.

1 Like

Thanks FrostyBuds.