HLG 100 RSPEC Question

Always wanted to try Pineapple Express, also Maui Wowie. When Texas goes legal, I’ll grow those outdoors, let them get huge. Until then, smallish auto’s for the size. Try to rival @Gerant garden from last summer, I think he said he yielded like 15/16 pounds of 4 varieties, it was beautiful.

1 Like

Garden Grove:

Growing a PE right now. 8 weeks in, looks about three weeks to go . . .

She looks fantastic! Just waiting for more cloudy trichomes, the buds are getting REAL dense too.

:crazy_face: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

High,
Thanks for the Tag! Yes I did get an amazing harvest. Still got some hanging and it’s the last day of January. Oh boy.
Can’t wait till April. Gonna start all over again.
Ger

What strains you going with this year?

Let me know how it smokes when you have your final product dried and cured.

High,
I have some “Stumble Weed”. It’s a great sativa. Great High and energetic. Smoke and get things done. I also have some seeds from a friend in California I want to try. I live in Michigan and grow outdoors. I want to start them in April so I can sex them. I do have some Fem Blackberry Kush and Strawberry Cough but I have enough smoke from them right now.
I can’t wait to get growing. I want to learn some new ways.
Growing some where soon!
Ger

1 Like

High,
The Maui I grew could have been 10 foot if I let them go natural. Had to bend, supercrop, and tie down still went to 8 footers. They were cool. I fimmed one and topped the other as well. Had a great summer to grow in Michigan last year hope it’s similar this summer. Oh and the smell. WOWIE!
Happy growing
Ger

1 Like

How did the light work out for you>?I have 3 feminized seedlings and I need to make a light decision. Right now they are just under two 500K led bulbs on a table in my dining room. I was considering the SPF-2000 but I am wondering if I could just do two of the HLG 100 RSPECs . Any help is much appreciated

1 Like

When buying light imo HLG is the only way to go. My 135 is producing super dense hard nugs. I’m very please with it. you could definitely run 1 hlg 100 per plant.

Do you think I could get away with 2 hlg 100 for 3 plants in the tent?

1 Like

@dbrn32 will know for sure. He’s the light guru.

1 Like

What size is your tent?

We have not bought the tent yet. The plants are about inches tall right now and in our dining room under basic led bulbs in clamps. I am trying to decide ( there a SO many options it is tough) between a 2x4x6 or a 3x3x6 . Space is an issue in our tiny house with no closets so it will be in the basement which has a 75 inch tall ceiling. Again I really appreciate any advice.

2 Likes

(2) HLG 100 R spec lights would pair well with the 2x4 footprint. If you wanted to go with a 3x3 then I’d step up to (2) 135 r spec fixtures or a single HLG 260 r spec.

3 Likes

@MrInteresting I agree with @KeystoneCops :smile: I run 2 hlg 100s in my 2x4 closet, they work fantastic for 2 medium size plants, but 3 is tight for me, I have done 3 but that means 2 plants had to share 1 light or put them over two end plants and one in middle get what it can lol. Two hlg 135 would be great too more wattage and they have a dimmer, a 260 has same boards as two 135w but on one heat sink. Here’s what my closet looks like with 2 plants each with its own hlg 100.

good luck man

2 Likes

I agree, if you go 2x4 two hlg-100’s is suitable. I would do larger with more square footprint for 3x3.

2 Likes

Guys
Thanks so much for the detailed replies. I am glad I found this forum. Much better than facebook lol.
So is the consensus a 2x4 tent going to be too crowded for the three sisters?

I have looked at the 135 but those are kits. Any idea how much is involved in assembling them?

It’s extremely easy. They even pre-stripped the wires on mine. Search YouTube and you’ll find someone walking you through it.

Garden Grove:

Since you asked, my Pineapple Express . . . has finished curing.

Hold on . . .

:crazy_face: :upside_down_face:

INCREDIBLE!!!

Only “partake” late in the day. Do NOT try to drive for a while.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes