Hitech Grow...what do you have?

Loving my La Crosse Mobile Alert system. No need to climb up to the attic three times a day to check on the girls. What other gadgets do you all use?

3 Likes

Oh, that’s very cool! Is that a sensor kit? Where did you get it?

Yeah it’s a sensor that connects to WiFi and then sends updates to a mobile app. It has a probe for water, but I just strung it into my other tent. It sends me mobile alerts if temps go over 85 or below 50. I got it used for $25 on eBay. Now I want to put a camera in the tent as well. I wonder if anyone on here has done that.

3 Likes

Yeah, several people have done the camera thing, though I can’t remember who. I’ve been wanting to do it myself, but never got around to it. Now I have to get myself one of these wifi sensor things, too cool.

1 Like

I don’t have any remote monitoring like you have @Greenlantern . That is pretty cool.

I do have a unique control system using an industrial controller and sensors.
Here is a photo:

I am going to add Ethernet capability so that I can look at the status and make software changes without actually going down to the grow room. I am leery of doing anything that crosses the firewall - snooping and what not.

7 Likes

That is really impressive, @merlin44.

1 Like

Yeah @raustin it looks more elaborate that it really is. A mass of wires and stuff can look much more complicated when it is a mess like this. I may get motivated to rewire in a bit more of an attractive way but I am the only one that looks at it so hard to get that motivation going.

Maybe smoke a bowl instead. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, I was trying to think exactly what all those wires looks like… mad scientist maybe? Or one of those old time switch boards.

1 Like

I am sitting here laughing my butt off @raustin, too funny! Thanks for the afternoon chuckle. :rofl:

2 Likes

Damn @merlin44 that’s a serious set up. I just ordered a smart power strip so I can use my phone to turn on an air cooler in the tent when it gets hot in the attic this summer.

3 Likes

i need one of these @Greenlantern power strip and mobile alert…lol

I would love more info on your gadget… if possible… ie … brand and such… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

I have my eyeballs for seeing, my nose for smelling, my fingers for touching, and my ears for hearing, I get by pretty good with those!

I do recognize the six relays on the bottom, I’ve used them before…

1 Like

@peachfuzz here is the alert Sys

https://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Alerts-926-25101-GP-Wireless-Monitor/dp/B0081UR76G?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

@peachfuzz here is the power strip…I’ll be hooking a heater to it in the winter

https://www.amazon.com/Xenon-Protector-Controlled-Separately-4-Outlet/dp/B0725Y79JP?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Just replaced 3 extension cords, 2 USB converters and 2 timers with this baby.

1 Like

Yeah i have

I can have a live feed anywere i the world through a monitor camera. Its great and it monitors temp and humidity also can see the other themometers i have in the tent at certain spots to make sure i have no heat spots and air circulates well. And infered so i can watch them in the dark aswell.

2 Likes