Higrade thc tester

I understand the formula, but not how the machine works. You posted two results that are both in thca? It looks like it’s telling you what % thca you would have after you completed those processes?

1 Like

Yeah, the first one is the flower test the >40 thca, the second one was the Alcohol tincture test, thca also, I figured since I used Ethel alchohol I’d do the alchohol test…all the other test I have done have a selection for thc or cbd, these did not, the last update change everything…added the ability to test Flower and concentrate(I guess shatter/wax,etc) so I believe I have to use the conversion for thca to thc? I think…which is THCtotal = (%THCA) x 0.877 + (%THC)
Is it (40%)x0.877+21%= 21.3508? If so my crappy tiny buds are 21%??
Or (15%)×0.877+21=21.13155
Still 21%??
Sry for the lo g reply…yes they were 2 different test @dbrn32
Thank you so much for the help, I know a few are watching this so hopefully it will help someone other than myself!

2 Likes

It looks like you’re using the formula properly anyway. I have no idea about the info machine is giving you though.

From what’s up there I read that as it’s expecting winterized to be above those numbers. Not neccesarily the actual flower. But I have absolutely no experience with it either.

1 Like

Hahah, me either I’m still learning on the flower thing, I’m gonna call support tomorrow and see if they can clear it up… but in the mean time, it sure smokes good, it’s def good for the back and for sleep. The main reason for this grow!. I’ll be making some Rosen with the My Rosen press, and a coconut oil for gummys and brownies. I’ll be using this thing a lot In the nex 2 weeks, I’ll try to post the results for people, THCA is what THC is Before Decarboxylation.(please correct me if I’m wrong) … after cannabis is heated to 220-240°F it looses Co2 (12% I believe)( but I think you know that…Lol) by weight which leaves the 87% THC, which is the <40flower test and >15% result …maybe…
I’m just gonna call them …LOL Thanks!!

2 Likes

Please let us know after you get it figured out.

2 Likes

Very cool info. Definitely keep us updated on what they say when you call. I think I’m going to see if I can get one after next harvest.

1 Like

This is way above my head but im freakin intresed

2 Likes

Hahah Dam…outa likes again!
Way above mine too! But as they say it’s not rocket science…Lol we’ll see.

Holy farking… :exploding_head::exploding_head: dammit DB… now tom is talking chinese with you! Help!!!

2 Likes

Hahaha I know, crazy huh! I talked the a rep today on chat, and it IS the correct formula! BUT the TCHECK REQUIRES THE RAW BUD TO BE DECARBED FIRST! sry for the caps…just a Warning to those who dont know!.. I sure didnt! But anyway… I have screens of the convo he said ,
That the TCheck will only show a THCA # and that they are working on an update that will have a calculator for that process…but will not do the math for you. :frowning_with_open_mouth: but it’s not to bad after I thought about it… just needs .50mg to test, so no biggie decarb a small bud, mix up,strain and test… Same as you do for RSO oil, have to decarb for proper infusion. Just testing the bud that way is a lot longer to achieve than they let on… even the video on the flower test in the app and the site doesnt play thru… so they know I bet a lot arnt happy the the last update… got a post to put up in the journal in a few, did a small partial harvest today pics over ther in a few… oh, anyway at least I know the formula the Get the THC # from THCA … I’ll decarb a small one in a day or do and see if the math is accurate… strain say 21% … the Tester said around 23% after a Crap load of math… so we shall see … it continues :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Did you mean .5g? I was with you at least most of the way until there lol

That’s too cool. Much cheaper than a gas chromatograph.

1 Like

Yes, .50 grams, half a gram. Doesnt take much, pretty quick too, actual test is only 2-3 mins , have had good luck with it on all I’ve tested , just have to decarb a small bud to tell what the THC level at the time of the live plant would be… Maybe a new way to tell when to Harvest?? Along with tircs?:thinking:

That’s an interesting idea. Pop a little bit off every few days or so when they’re really close, and look for the peak.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!! True it’s not a replacement but a good alternative for small grower. Thought it might be too but when I got the hang of the dilution works of the oils and flower, test seem to be with in the specified range of advertised thc levels in a strain I’ve tested. I used it in a grow to test a Bud at different times and couldnt really gauge an increase(not accurate enough for that I guess) but seem to give a good end product reading.
Has to be Clean oil /tincture

Is pricey though…

I concur. Ideal for a personal grower who wants a ballpark. Lab testing goes further in depth as far as thc cbd cbn etc and heavy metals and toxins. In OK fastlab charges $400, I don’t remember the price point on this device anymore but if it’s less than $400 than it would have it’s uses for me. Hell I could pretest the buds and send the best to the lab to fudge the numbers lol

3 Likes

:joy: Think it’s like 250 now w/$25 coupon…just the machine. 199 for the expansion kit, but you can get everything easily for flower and concentrate kit elsewhere. I like it, glad I have it. Brought it to a friends and tested his bag buds… he bought one…Lol
Oh… it has thc,cbd,cbdn,thca readings it doesnt test for the metals

1 Like

Hello… Following as i have same doubt about my tCheck… loving it don’t take me wrong but difficult to find something about it on the web, well until now…

In the videos they don’t decarb the flower, goes straight to the scale and dump into the container and shake it baby for 5 long minutes… then use syringe and microfilter to drop in fragile… really fragile plastic trade…and give me read but can get cbd % just Cannabinoids %… i get THCa but Just 1 time came up as CBD

3 Likes

I had same issue… went round and round with there techs… after about 10 back and forth they said they were gonna add a calculator to make the math from THCA to thc easier… haven’t seen it yet. But they FINALLY did admit that you have to decarb the fresh flower… after you do that you can test and dilute as necessary to get the thc reading. I like the machine and has given good tests through out a grow. It helps to know if my meds are good or not.:slightly_smiling_face:

That is exactly why i use it for, and im really surprise that works this good, off-course some bugs need to be fix and re arrange but they ara on the right track… I saw the calculator already, haven’t use it yet.
They told me via email, that they are working so tCheck can read more Cannabinoids…
But as it is im really happy knowing what im taking …!!!

1 Like

From my understanding tcheck is less accurate then highgrade