High temperature on led grow?

Try to grow in a room that is 5’x10’ with shelves, sink, and a rdwc system and keep everything under control… :scream: shezzz what a challenge. It’s all good though. :v::sunglasses:

All great information. Room went down to 65 degrees. Cold in Michigan. Lights heated it up to 75 early in the morning. Crept up higher later. Will try to keep it around 82. Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Hey 65f is not a bad thing, especially in the dark. It is OK for temps to drop 10-15f in the dark. In fact; Lower temps late in lfower and finish is what produces some of those sick colrs. UNfrotunately; Far out colors do not get you any higher. LOL :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am not contradicting my earlier post. I was notified to look into your topic, and I noticed my answer,which I stand by; However, I also have more to add.

The room temps can be higher with LED. I suggest that if you are a grower who really wants to dial in your temps, and humidity; 1st! I say Hell yeah!!!

For real. INvest 80-100 bucks in an Digital temp meter. This allows you to target and measure your leaf surface temperature. This is much more a viable practic with LED lighting.

If you know the leaf surface temperature and can keep that in the safe range, you will see positive results.

I can provide you with the link to what I use. I think it was 80 bucks.

1 Like

Thanks for the re-response @latewood I use a digital thermometer and it definitely helps. I have been able to keep my environment pretty stable thenlast few months. Between 81-75f and rh has been in the 60s. But the rh was easy with all the rain we’ve had. It’s drying out now in the desert and will need to add some moisture soon I think.

1 Like

Hell yeah! This may have been addressed above. I did not have the eyes to look back. What I mean to say is that, I suggested a temp gun to a member a week or so ago. Someone else said he did not need it.

I look at it this way. 80 bucks is a nice 1/4…A tamp pen will improve quality of cannabis far beyond 80 bucks.

Peace my frieind. Happy growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hps lighting 80 is great but if using led then 84 is optimal leaf temp. I keep my controller set at 82 to 86 and I find this to be perfect. I used to run it 78 to 82 but they grow faster and pray harder at 85.
Check Google and you will find lots of studies showing test results and leaf temps for led lights.

1 Like