High quality but small yield ? Bruce Banner Auto

Just did my harvest and was a bit unhappy with product yield ? 5 oz for two plants 13 weeks in flower before harvest. 4X4X72 tent HGL lighting good temps and humidity numbers . Ocean Forest soil , 3 gal grow bags, frog farms grow big , FF tiger bloom , FF big bloom nutes . Started with 12-12 lighting went into 18-6 well into flower . Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated . Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Plants should remain on a 12/12 schedule throughout flowering.

The best quality is achieved by maintaining ideal grow conditions (quality light, proper nutes, proper pH, proper watering practices, and so on.)

1 Like

For photos this is a must, but not with Autos!

I’ve flowered my Autos on 20/4 and had reasonable yields.
You might give that a try. I veg photos while my auto finishes!

1 Like

Got it. I missed that we were talking about an auto.

1 Like

They will flower through any cycle, but maybe changing it at the end to the 18/6 has a negative effect since that’s what you do to reveg cannabis. They could just be slowing down production towards the end. I know they’re autos, but could be something to look into.

1 Like

Were they trained to have multiple tops and a wide even canopy?

Ditto. How did the grow go? Few more details would help. Pictures too.

Did they explode in veg or just kinda dink and dunk along?

Speaking of how long did the veg last?

Growing autos is a race against the clock for the most part, and maximizing time is essential to pushing great yields.

If you have a hiccup in the seedling stage (say overwatering…) that can and will eat away at your vegging time. Or if you mistep with pH or nutes in late veg/early flower, that lost time chips away at total yields.

How did they look finishing up? Throwing deficiencies left and right? Or lush green happy plants the whole way through?

Did you start in the 3 gals? Or transplant along the way?

As u can tell, it could be anything… HLG lighting can mean a 100w to a Scorpion you packed tightly in there… few more details

2 Likes

That’s not horrible. Grow photos if you have yield expectations. Autos do what they want

2 Likes

@JustStarting Auto plants will do great with a 18/6 light schedule start to finish.

4 Likes

Maybe try a 5 gallon grow bag? Just a shot in the dark here…

2 Likes

Your problem is the 3 gallon pot. I just did an experiment 1 grape ape and 1 gsc in a 3 gall and 1 grape ape and 1 gsc in a 7 gall. The 3 gall GA is about 2’ tall the one in the 7 gall is ove 4 foot. GSC in 3 gall is about 14" tall and the one in the 7 gall is about 25" but really branched out.

2 Likes

yes they were

new pots on the way ! thanks

1 Like

no pictures now …

excellent veg state , short veg couple weeks , had a bit of what I thought was a over watering issue in final weeks ( yellow tips ) transplanted early veg stage about 4 inches tall . 260w QB XL Rspec .

1 Like

Next grow will have larger pots and 18/6 lighting schedule. Thanks for all of your input !

3 Likes

Only the 1 light? Really need 2 of those for a 4x4.

2 Likes

Actually I just double checked and tent is actually 3X3 . Is that better? I bought what was advised on the forum … :confused: :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah that’s better but surprised you went with the XL model for a 3x3.

Even in a 3x3 I’d use 2 of those (not necessarily the XL’s though) for better coverage wall to wall and corner to corner, which I do and pull more than a pound every harvest.

What you have is adequate but more light (to a point) can bump up yields as well.

3 Likes

I pulled a pound off 2 autos in 3 gallon fabric pots so I don’t think it’s that. Currently growing a gold leaf in a 3 gallon and I’m expecting about 8oz. Also growing two autos in 3 gallons and one of my plants is going to yield like the OP and it’s pretty much out of my control. I think it’s genetics. There’s another post on here where they were complaining about Bruce banner auto size

2 Likes