High PPM on run off

Currently I’m growing two each of Bubble gum and White widow and have only fed them nutes twice first feed I did a 1/3 strength of fox farm nutes and cal mag 2nd was half strength of same thing like 660 ppm but I just gave them ph’d water and tested the runoff and 3 of them were at 1100-1200 and the biggest one was only 800 something. Medium is fox farm happy frog
Edit: other than them growing kind of slow they are healthy looking also the ph of runoff is 6.4-6.5

Can you provide any pics
How old are they from seed?
Maybe hold up on the extra nutrients for awhile and just add Ph adjusted water at around 6.5 I believe happy frog has enough nutrients in there for a month or two depending on how fast she is growing.
Are they under intense lights?
There is a support ticket that you should fill out to help us better assist you

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

They are 42 days today. I’m only using 1 light now but its a bestva 1500 watt led 280 actual watts (have two) I only have pics from two days ago from my journal didnt think I would need to take more for this question

sorry for the blurple lighting I didn’t have time to pull em out but they look healthy and no nute deficiency started to feed when lower leaves started turning yellow.

They look fine and healthy. Im with the Diver above. Hold off on feeding til ppms get back into range

Either hold off on feeding or flush either way when it comes time to feed again drop your strength down because a lockout could be in your future and i would get mine when going into flower it would seem like all hell would break loose and have 4 problems all at once
Less is more in the early stages i learned that a couple times.
But your on your way to a great start and smart enough to ask questions wich is very good it’s way better than burning it up good work and keep going

1 Like

I have a similar problem and was wondering if the 2in of Coco Coir chips I have in the bottom of each pot could be raising the PPM readings. The Girls look great! But would really like to understand these high readings. Fox Farm nutes Girls are 61 days old today.

Thanks

Am I missing something? I wouldn’t consider 1200 particularly high.

Ok…do you have a question or an issue your concerned about?

1 Like

The ppm/EC levels are high for for 5 weeks veg. Actually they are all over the place. What should I be at for ppm runoff right now??? I need a baseline to know what is good level.

Your plants look fine to me based on above pics
I don’t know what your feeding them.

From your pic of your notes I’d be more concerned with your PH than PPM.
Soil PH should range between 6.2 and 6.8 give or take
When you flush extra water through you are also flushing away nutrients in the soil that are there for the plants. My PPM range when I did check such things was 2000-4000 ppm sometimes higher but I am fine with that using organic nutrients.
Do you normally water to run off?
What if anything are you using to feed besides water?
The whole PPM thing during a grow cycle is primarily for those growing in inert medium like coco coir or hydro or those growing in soil using chemical nutrients.

2 Likes

My last grow my ppm were 7000-9000 until flush. Feeding with Fox Farm Nutes. Just started light feed this past week(week 5). Tiger Bloom, Microbe Brew, Kelp Me Kelp You… Should I be using higher Nitro nutes??? My feed solution is 6.3 and my tap water ph’d is 6.2… how do I raise the runoff pH???

The pics you posted show healthy plants to me I’m not sure I would change much as of now.
FYI I don’t think tiger bloom is organic.
No need to up N as I’m seeing dark green leaves.
If you want to raise the soil PH you would simply input water or water with feed PH around 6.8 or so and that will raise the run off PH up a bit.
Just make sure your PH meter is calibrated so your getting accurate readings

1 Like

I just got new ph and ppm meter, calibrated both a few weeks ago. But I have seen that the pH runoff should be 6.0-6.5 for optimum nitro uptake for vigorous grow. They seemed to have stalled at about 5 weeks on growth. Maybe some Microbe Brew and big bloom and a dash of cal,-mag…???

1 Like

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that you should be supplementing. Those are actually low numbers in soil. If I hit 2,000 ppm or less I’d want to start a nutrient regimen. Just my $.02

1 Like

That makes sense…not sure I would add anything else at this point but up to you. They can always use some critters added to the soil with the micro brew…I’m assuming it’s a tea?

Living soil will have a range of PH and it varies within different parts of the soil but the run off gives you an average I believe and the sweet spot (average) for living soil is around 6.5

Chart shows PH range of uptake for N to be about 6.5 on average

I will not only take your two cents at $0.10 and $0.25 I’ll take the whole dollar at this point. I just began week 6 what should I be giving for a nutrient regiment on the Fox farm nutrients I do not trust their feed schedule at almost killed my plants last grow any suggestions… PLEASE HELP…!!!

All my numbers are low so it’s not eating…I need a combo Brew of ff nites for next feed.

Let me look at their schedule.

Okay; They call out a very high TDS number but part of that is based on 700 scale. I want you to mix to a specific TDS of 750 ppm using the ratio of 3 parts Big Bloom, 2 parts Grow Big and 2 parts Tiger Bloom. You can use a syringe or a pipette or whatever but maintain that ratio and keep the TDS at or below 750 ppm in. Do this every other watering. When you water only; take a runoff TDS and PH to see how soil salts are holding up. There’s gonna be a flush callout too but not yet.

If you go over; add some water to get to your desired concentration.