High Humidity HELP

I am new to growing i am grow 3 plants at the moment. I have a 24x24x48 grow tent. I have a 600w led light. I also have a fan going inside tent 24/7. My Heat/Humidity during veg stage in tent was 74° & around 50% RH. Now i am starting flowering stage and humidity is rising as high as 70%. During day i leave tent slightly open and RH drops to 40-50%. I dont use an exhaust fan with carbon filter. (Alot to fit in 2x2 tent). Will a small humidifier help bring down humidity? Any help would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Hello welcome to the forum glad you joined. If you’re not too worried about odor you could possibly leave your door open during the lights on period to help. I would suggest buying a 4inch fan for exhaust and keep your tent flaps on the bottom of the tent open to draw in fresh air, also if you could add an oscillating fan to your tent as well or another fan to help move more air. You could also defoliate some of your large fan leaves if you haven’t already as this will help in the mean time until you get a fan to help move some air out from the tent. I hope this helps!! You will need a DEHUMIDIFIER though which I’m sure that’s what you meant to type. I haven’t had any luck with the small ones I have to run a 50 pint larger model to help with high humidity as my environment where I live can be very humid and wet.

3 Likes

Is it possible to buy a larger tent? If height is a limitation, a tent could probably be turned on it’s side.

With growth comes transpiration, and with that comes humidity. But if you can put the plants in a larger volume of air, it will moderate the issues.

@Dbpooper made a good suggestion. Can you buy a fan/filter setup and draw air out of the existing 2x2x4 tent? You might not have any room inside the tent, but you can probably find a little more space outside it.

Next time, maybe one plant will fit the space better, and an autoflower will allow you to vent via-open doors day or night without concerns.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

1 Like

@Repodaddy,

Welcome to our world of growing here at ILGM and Welcome to our community of awesome fokes.

You really need an exhaust fan. When the plants start flowering the humidity must be lowered below 55 % and ideally it should be somewhere around 20% to 40 %

B Safe

6 Likes

I have the same tent and I have my fan inside the tent and carbon filer coming out the top on the outside. Your supposed to have it inside but like you said hard to fit everything in side.Your supposed to from what I understand pull air into the filter but I’m forced to push air through but it works for me.

4 Likes

Most filters will allow you to push or pull air through them.

3 Likes

The others have you covered. Welcome to ILGM! :v:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

I agree that you really need an exhaust, and intake open. You need to replenish co2 plants are using by replacing with fresh air. Lots of ways to get here, as others have suggested.

I have my door to my tent wide open 24/7 since I do live in a very humid part of Texas. It stays generally below 45% with no form of a humidifier.

How many plants you have indide?

I opened flap on back of tent to let more air in and i had a small fan i set on top to work as exhaust. Plus i added a small dehumidifier. Heres pics

1 Like

@Dbpooper @KeystoneCops @dbrn32 I opened flap on back of tent to let more air in and i had a small fan i set on top to work as exhaust. Plus i added a small dehumidifier. Heres pics

4 Likes

Nice work my friend!! Just keep monitoring of course and think about/plan on getting a bigger fan to draw out more air as you get more into flower the humidity will more than likely rise as well and of course after your water days it will rise a bit. Keep rocking on my friend. Also ideally you want your monitor to be canopy level to get a good idea of things I use a magnet glued on the back of mine then attach to the metal poles alot of people will just hang it below the light as well. Not a huge deal but just something to watch for :slight_smile:

1 Like

What kind of plants are you growing? If they are photo period you’ll want to build light trap around the passive intake for flowering. Otherwise I think you’ll be in good shape.

1 Like

@dbrn32 They were just bag seeds so dont know what type they are. Using bag seeds fir 1st grow. You mean some sort of light baffle ? How do i do that?

1 Like

They are probably light sensitive then, and that’s exactly what I meant. You can do lots of ways, some even with cardboard box. Look around on the web some and you should get a few ideas.

@Dbpooper starting week 2 of flower. Changes seem to of worked. Was able to get gauge above canopy!

2 Likes

Good to see all is well my friend.

Quick update: im 26 days into flowering. With the addition of a small humidifier, stronger exhaust fan, and dome careful defoliation. The plants are doing great! Humidity down to between 30-45%. Thanks for all the help! IMG_20200101_123023_612|500x500

1 Like

Always a delicate balance. I just upgraded to an 8" AC Infinity carbon filter in my 5x5. I did have a 10", 180 CFM fan blowing fresh air into one of my ports but it’s now not enough as my tent sides are pulled as far as they can get. My temps went up and my humidity and CO2 level down. I’m ditching the fan and putting a duct with a 4" AC Infinity blower (minus the carbon filter) to force more air into the tent.

1 Like