HIG 260 XL kit question

I have a question for the community about my lighting kit I received today that I am going to use on an upcoming project. I watched the video my boards does not look like the boards in the video on the 260 kit wondering if I can use the boards with the
240H-c2100a driver, I thought I was supposed to get
(2) 288 Boards . I have attached a couple pictures thanks .

1 Like

Looks like you got rspec. But I thought the rspec were still stamped “qb288” and I thought they were 54v boards not 94v. Where did you get it from?

2 Likes

Horticulture Lighting Group. Com I paid 369 00 to the door yes the row of red light is what got me curious. Then I noticed a difference in the volts . @BobbyDigital

1 Like

Then I’m sure they’re legit. I know they use samsung leds but haven’t seen Samsung printed on it before. The video you saw was probably a non rspec board so that’s why it didn’t have those reds.

Still odd that the 260 rspec kit shows 54v boards on HLG website. Guess we’ll need @dbrn32 to chime in

2 Likes

Another thing that raised a red flag for me the aluminum heatsink was actually about 36 in Long and pre drilled and tapped for three boards like the two boards I got. I took it out to my shop and cut it down to fit. Two boards almost like they sent me everything wrong.

That’s the correct heat sink. There should be a space between boards. The heatsink that comes with that kit is 891mm or about 35”

1 Like

If you ordered the 260 xl kit off the HLG website this is the description.

“ 260W LED V2 RSPEC BOARD XL KIT
260 Watt Lamp Kit. High Efficiency QB288 V2 Rspec. Suited for main light and supplement lighting. 3 ft long heatsink for a wider spread”

The 3 foot board was supplied to help disperse the light better. Sounds like the kit was correct from your description.

2 Likes

That’s interesting ,video I watched had them side beside so these boards are more for flowering correct. With the red light. Not what I wanted but we’ll see. Now that I got them side-to-side what’s the next move my friend.

I’ve been running these boards on my current grow and my plants have love them from veg and now into flower.

3 Likes

They will work for the whole grow. They separate the boards so there isn’t so much overlapping coverage. You may have shrank your lights overall footprint

2 Likes

I guess I’m going to be tacking some aluminum back together. Lesson that you won’t forget

3 Likes

That is great to know @Bubblehead I will go ahead and move forward on my project. You made me feel a lot better about the boards I’ve got.

2 Likes

The video you saw was definitely for the non rspec. Those come with 26” heat sinks so they’d be side by side.

2 Likes

Yeah I got one now that’s 26 inchs

2 Likes

Lol, true that

2 Likes

So I’m going to fix my aluminum. Finish wiring it up an use it from veg to harvest.thanks again

1 Like

I just went back and looked at my order and that is exactly what I ordered I guess I’m going to give it a try thanks for the help @Bubblehead

2 Likes

Ah yes, the xl (xtra long) hence the 36” heat sink. Makes sense now.

3 Likes

https://ilgmforum.com/t/let-the-2019-2020-grow-season-begin/35789/164

No problem. Sorry you created a little more work for yourself. At least you have the mad skills to fix the heat sink.

This is my current journal. I bought 2 of the r-spec boards this summer and upgraded my HLG-300 v2. I really like the results. Now I’m not sure I have a need for my Rapidled red puck I used last winter to help put them to sleep each night.

2 Likes

Just a thought you think they would sell me a 3-foot heat sink separate I looked on eBay I didn’t see any. If not I think I can fix it.