Hiding outside grows

Has anyone used shadecloth over cannabis plants to help hide it? Im hearing about drones and google earth, etc. I want to foil them if possible. Also if any outside growers in the deep SE could share tips/advice with me, this is my first grow and Id really appreciate having your help. Thanks!

1 Like

How many are you trying to do?

1 Like

Rn I have 2 plants. I wont do more than 4 at a time.

Welcome. I would look at strains that grow short an bushy . And if the inside is not an option spread your plants out. Good luck.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry too much but make sure you spread them out over a great distance. Honestly a plant in the woods is hard to find , they mainly look for clusters. I grew in the woods of Tennessee for years.

2 Likes

Also come to your location from different sides to avoid creating trails.

1 Like

Thats good advice-- thanks!

1 Like

Anything else @Covertgrower

1 Like

I think shade cloths will be the best. Anything to cover the reflection of the trichomes against sensors. I’ve read that’s how cannabis is detected from the air. UV light is readily reflected from the plant. Not a lot of plants reflect UV light naturally in the wild. So it sticks out like a sore thumb if there is a legitimate concern to be found.
If it’s a legal state, then I would be less concerned.

3 Likes

Not a legal state, and not a gorilla grow. Its in my yard. @Covertgrower

I would encourage scrogging to keep height down especially if it’s in your yard. Nothing like a huge tree waving at your neighbor saying look at me. lol

2 Likes

If you plant them with other plants or shrubs that are no larger or smaller, you can make them blend in.

Lol yeah, Im getting ready to top one and tie it down.

1 Like

From my grow journal

Ty all for the advice. When I get to flower I think Ill get shade cloth up.

2 Likes

Sound advice from all of the above. When growing in your yard in an illegal state, try to put them in inconspicuous locations and try to blend them in. A little natural camouflage goes a long ways :v:

1 Like

The shade cloth will help to camo them up a bit.
A buddy had a google earth photo from late last summer of his property. And even to my untrained eye his plants were plain to see.
You could easily make out the darker green plants against the surrounding natural growth.
Good luck and good growing. :wink::v:

2 Likes

Yeah, they are a tropical plant by nature and definitely put off a different IR signature than surrounding vegetation. :v:

1 Like