Hide that smell

I will have a look at these when I get home. Thank you to everyone for chipping in. It’s my second grow and already learning a massive amount from everyone

1 Like

Good point Kelly, yeah you can add in a controller.

Agreed @DankGunslinger I picked the cheapest one with decent reviews on Amazon and have been through a year, no smell growing 2-4 plants per grow

3 Likes

This is supposed to be on the exhaust side.

3 Likes

I think he means the intake of his duct fan exhausting out the tent…
As it’s Still in the top of the tent sucking out air.

1 Like

Yeah good point if hes not pulling the tent air they the filter then that’s the issue.

3 Likes

He might have the fan direction wrong also.

2 Likes

Just to clear up, my filter is on the intake of my fan dragging air out of my tent. The direction of air flow for my fan is also correct. Just had a look at the specs for my filtration setup. CFM is 190 at 2500 rpm for my fan. My filter is rated at 205 CFM. So it looks like my filter is fairly well matched with regards to throughput.

Hey mate I had better success with my filter at the end of line. Do you have much duct on the outside you could attach the filter too?
All the best, at least you know she’ll be tasty!

1 Like

@Davegreen my ducting length is about 8mtrs with 2 shallow bends to avoid restricting the airflow. Another option is a filter at the outlet and slowing the fan down a bit with plug in controller. As for buds, man am I looking forward to these bad boys :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I have another question and not sure if here is the right place. During my harvest I found quite a lot of juvenile buds that were growing beneath the canopy. This happened because my plants grew too tall at the start. I have started flushing 2 weeks ago. Can I restart my feeding routine after I harvest to bring on the immature buds that remain or do I just harvest the lot together

After you have done a half harvest cap the stems with some honey and continue on for another week or 2. Keep in mind you may not get much more size but use a jewlers loupe to check your tricombes and hope for more density! That is usually referred to as larf. A lot of people use that for cooking/ oils etc. Send some more info when I finish work @Davyg

1 Like

What are you using between the fan and filter? I’m mainly wondering if you have a good tight seal on both sides? Any air leaks there will allow unfiltered air through the system.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I have a short length of ducting which is under negative pressure and is almost completely inside the tent. On the outlet side it’s a clear run with 2 shallow bends before it vents to the outside world. All my connections are clamped tight using jubilee type clamps

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Hide that smell

I prefer a O3 generator. It has done me well in the past and is doing a great job now.

@Partymouse An O3 generator ?

A lot of people don’t know about these and you have to be careful but if I’m correct a co3 generator puts an extra oxygen atom into the room attaching itself to any "smell"it encounters. It does have a pitculer oder itself that’s why I use tiners and fans as well but guess what no one has smelt my phz,bld,www,nth,glf,bhz,lsd,pow,cal ect…no smell.

1 Like

Again I have been using them for decades and there great in my book

1 Like

@Davyg @dbrn32 when I slide the filter up on the Hub of the intake side of the exhaust fan I like to drill and put two small screws to hold filter in place. Then I wrap with duck board tape. That gives me a good Tight Seal. If you have a leak at that point that would be Downstream of the filter and would not get scrubbed. Just sharing a thought good luck.

2 Likes

@Partymouse interesting take on dealing with the smell. Didn’t think of the chemistry side of it, I’m aware of the charcoal properties but didn’t think about the science angle :thinking:
@kellydans top tip with the grub screws holding the filter securely to the fan then sealing the lot with duck tape.
I started growing with little idea of what I was doing. The biology and chemistry lessons I’ve learned have been off the scale not to mention the ingenious engineering that goes into some of these grow rooms. A lot of this stuff I will carry on into my greenhouse for next years tomatoes etc. Loving it and thank you all :sunglasses:

1 Like