HID users please respond about this bulb

Can anyone tell me anything about this bulb?

I’ll tag the light expert so he can weigh in about the bulb. @dbrn32

2 Likes

I dont use them but the reviews of it are worrisome

1 Like

@MrPeat dbrn32 already responded by saying he doesn’t use them.

3 Likes

Idk it seems 50/50 to me in reviews but I don’t put a whole lot of faith in Amazon reviews how do I know the person using the product knows what they are doing lol

@Covertgrower He hadn’t responded to this specific thread. So I wouldn’t know he had already said he doesn’t use these at all. I have only been a member over 2 month. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve never used them, lol.

I always used hortilux bulbs on magnetic ballasts and digilux bulbs on digital ballasts. I would recommend either them without a doubt. The others may be good or bad, but I don’t really know from first hand experience.

2 Likes

Thank you and I will let you know if it’s a shit bulb or not👍it’s priced higher so I have high expectations out of it lol

1 Like

@dbrn32 what would happen if I ran my 2x 400w Mh along with my 1000w HPS🤔

1 Like

I have a couple ushio lights they are ok i prefer the argosun red hps 2000k bulb for flower i get awesome results with them

1 Like

How big is space? There is an issue with too much light.

1 Like

10’x12’x8’ spare bedroom

You could do like 4 1000’s if trying to flower that whole space

1 Like

I’m only growing 4 autos WW I pretty much have them center of room

1 Like

Probably good with the one then

1 Like

3 Likes

Error in my post. deleted

I received my Ushio 1000w HPS and I removed the old bulb I had in it and put the new in and it works fine but…with the old bulb I was having to run ac to keep temps around 77 and it was really bright but with this new bulb it’s not as bright and I’m not even using my ac anymore and my temps are around 73°-75° now with only fans running, does that mean I have a bad bulb or are the newer bulbs just made to run cooler?

There is likely some sort of an issue. Not guaranteed ti be your bulb, but if that’s all you changed I would be skeptical.

So if you were me you would go back to old no name bulb?