Hi when's the best to top plants

Hi my plants are 21 days old and I can see 4 nodes do you guys just top once then that’s it help and opinions much appreciated

1 Like

I usually top once the plant have 4 to 6 nodes depending on how she has grown and if she has displayed any stress or anything. What kind of training are you going for?

2 Likes

@Dieselgrower hi I’m a complete noob it’s my first grow was just guner top as recommended and see how they grow themselves with bit of pruning do you think that would be ok

I will usually top at the 3rd or 4th node. Then I’ll let her recover for a few days and then begin the lst and on pruning it is a preference. Some will prune the lowers on each branch others will leave and some will leave then take off later. I like to do it in moderation to try to lessen the stress put on the plant.

2 Likes

I like to wait until I have a good clone candidate above the 5th node. I like at least 2" in the soil when I clone.

1 Like

They are tall enough to top now.

1 Like

@FloridaSon @TDubWilly @Dieselgrower thanks so once I top now do you guys top later on aswel or just start with LSTing :+1:

2 Likes

I’m relatively new myself but what I do is I’ll first top a plant and then give it at least a week to recover. Then the next time on that plant I may try to fim it. And then I go back and forth as needed. I’m also a big believer in low-stress training. Those are the two methods I use every time I have a grow going.
Enjoy your grow. If you have questions post them. Very knowledgeable and kind people on this forum.

3 Likes

@neckNflu Thanks buddy

1 Like

This is not common practice amongst many growers although there might be some out there, this is just what I do…

If there is a place where I want one to split into two, then I top it…

I have topped plants in like 10 different places I’ve different periods of time.

Shows you how resilient these things are.

I Fimmed this guy no less than ten times

4 Likes

:astonished::astonished: beautiful

2 Likes

@TDubWilly so say if I toped once would I still get a good yield or will I not get enough colas

2 Likes

Depends on what your definition of a good yield is. Your yields will go up but you can get good yields without topping if all other variables are right. First and foremost being sufficient light.

Topping alone won’t yield a pound of that’s what your asking, but it’s a start towards getting you there :grinning:

1 Like

Ok great stuff @TDubWilly thanks

1 Like

@TDubWilly this is above the 4th node is this ok to top now others have little bit more stem on them wer I can cut better 1520789918290

2 Likes

This one has slightly longer stem

2 Likes

Snip where I scribbled and leave the two shoots that have the arrow pointed at them

3 Likes

Ok thanks @TDubWilly :blush:

1 Like

this abt right @TDubWilly

5 Likes

Now you’ve done your first successful topping.

It’s on now…

5 Likes